When Crazy Equals Genius

Tony Stark: Iron Man dies of a heart attack at age 57

BBC News; 09:54 A.M. today

Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist Tony Stark, best known for his work as Iron Man, has died of a heart attack early yesterday morning, aged 57.

He died enroute to the hospital after suddenly suffering a fatal heart attack. According to the press conference held by former Stark Industries CEO, Pepper Potts-Stark, he died in the presence of his daughter, Morgan and adoptive sons, Peter and Harley.

Stark had been suffering through heart problems since his encounter with the ten rings in 2010, a fact that had been made public for a while now. This had been further worsened by blows received by then Captain America, Steve Rogers, on the famous Civil War at Leipzig in 2016.

The news has left fans and the world stunned. Former CEO of Tangzheng International, Tang Jiakai, a good friend of Tony Stark, said it was a "crushing blow to the science community."

"A true fighter, Tony persevered for 30 minutes before finally dying 10 minutes away from the hospital," his daughter, Morgan Stark, said in a statement.

<< >>

Tony Stark @IronManOfficial (verified) 10:11 A.M.

It is with immeasurable grief that we confirm the passing of Tony Stark.

Tony died of a heart attack early this morning enroute to the hospital.

It was the honor of his career to be able to serve the people as both hero, Iron Man and inventor, Tony Stark.

He died holding the hands of his family.

The family thanks you for your love and support and request for privacy during this trying time.

<< >>

Related Topics:

How Iron Man inspired the children of today.

BBC's tribute to Iron Man

Tony Stark on family, business and superheroes.

<< >>

Peter could feel the tears start to fall. He had been holding them in, trying to be strong for his baby sister, Morgan and mother, Pepper. It happened too fast, too sudden that none of them could do a thing.

He, together with Harley, Morgan, Pepper, rode with Tony towards the hospital, praying and praying; hoping against hope.

In the end, there wasn't anything any of them could do.

Ten minutes before arriving at the hospital, Tony Stark flatlined and no matter how many times they asked to resuscitate him, he wasn't going to take another breath.

Peter Parker, for his years as Spider-man, hadn't felt this helpless since Ben.

Peter was familiar with grief. He's lived through this pain multiple times now. First with his parents, then Ben, and now, Tony.

He never liked it - grief. Still, it was familiar, having seen deaths out on the streets in his occupation as Spider-man. It was always painful, like a prickling on his arms.

This? This was unimaginable. Tony was his father, his world. He had built the foundations of Peter's everything, from his educations, vigilante career, and even his family. Tony was involved in it one way or another.