Swings & Sunsets (4)

Start from the beginning

"What's going on?" Lisa speaks up, and it's only then does Ashley and Hyeri seemingly realize what just happened.

"Rosie.." they look at me and I just shake my head.

"Sneaking out?" Lisa frowns, "Don't tell me..were you in the hospital? Again?" Her frowns deepen.

"Hospital? Again?" Jennie turns her head towards Lisa, "Rosie?" Jennie directs her gaze at me.

"So the thing is..uhm..the reason I was gone is because.."

"Her appendix." Ashely speaks up and I thank the heavens for smart friends.

"Yeah..yeah, my appendix. It had to be taken out..it burst or something."

"Your appendix? But I had mine taken out too..I was home after a few days." Lisa pipes in.

"She had an allergy...to the anesthetic...yeah." Hyeri answers for me.

"Ahh." Lisa nods.

"Yeah...sorry..I didn't want to worry you." I look at Jennie, "Guys..you guys." I smile at Lisa and Jisoo too.

"It's fine Rosie, just glad you're good now." Lisa slings an arm around my shoulders.

"Yep 100%." I look at Hyeri and Ashely.

"Sure Rosie..anyways I'm Hyeri by the way and this is Ashley. We're childhood friends with Rosie here." Hyeri changes the topic.

"Nice! But wait, did you guys all transfer together?"

"Rosie transferred, we're just here on exchange."

"Ah."

~ ~ ~

"So your appendix huh?"

"I knew you'd corner me." I look at my visitor.

"Your lucky dumb and dumber didn't follow me here." She chuckles lightly.

"Look Jisoo...thank you for helping me out that day and waiting for my parents to come, but can you just buy the appendix story please?" I spoke up before she could ask me the million dollar question.

"Look I know that you and I hardly know each other and it's not my business, but you're my best friends' friend..so by default that means I'm your friend too. Roseanne..you don't have to tell me why you have to be at the hospital..can you just.." Jisoo runs a hand through her hair, "it was scary you know.." She says softly, her eyes boring into me, "You were so pale and..I just..I don't know how I was.."

"Jisoo.." I place my hand over her trembling ones, "I..in time I will tell you..all of you, but for now just know that I am okay. I just can't exert myself...so don't drag me to the gym okay?" I joke trying to lift the heavy air.

"Okay." Jisoo nods, giving me a toothless smile, "but just know I'm going to keep a closer eye on you now Rosie."

"Thanks Chu."

~ ~ ~

-Jennie POV-

"You are still mad." Rosie pops out right in front of me with a pout.

"I'm not...now move." I pretend to swing back, but Rosie stands firm.

"Jen..just talk to me please." She begs, holding the chains of the strings from either side, blocking me from going anywhere.

"I told you I'm not mad."

"You are! I can tell." She whines like a child.

"Fine..I am mad." I finally relent.