Hermione squeezes Ron's arm, silencing him. "Harry wants wrong?" Y/n asked, "It's something else..."

Afterwards, Ron looks at Harry, who is staring at her. His gaze landed on her, finally stating, "There's a reason I can... hear them. The Horcruxes.". While shaking her head, Hermione refuses to believe. Harry nods and touches the centre of his chest. "I think I've known for a while." Harry looked over at Y/n, knowing the girl. "I believe you've known that too."

Hermione stands still, miserable. "I'll go with you. I'll-" Hermione said, A tear falters hopelessly as a single tear traces Y/n's cheek, not wanting to believe, she is going to lose him again.

Harry reaches out, wipes it away, before holding onto her hand. "Kill the snake. Kill the snake and then it's just him. Then it will be over." Y/n leans in and connected their lips, Ron and Hermione didn't even mind this time while Harry felt comfort for what is the last time in her. 

He placed his forehead on her's looking her in the eyes, "I love you, Y/n"

"I love you too, Harry," She said, Harry let go of her hand,  He turns then, leaving them. Y/n, Ron and Hermione stand silently, watching every step he takes until he reaches the end and is gone.

As Harry descends, Neville and Oliver Wood appear in the Entrance Hall far below, carrying the body of a smallish boy: Nigel. "I'll take him from here," Oliver said, he puts Nigel over his shoulder, enters the Great Hall.

Neville watches them go, looking, for a moment, very old. Then, wearily, he turns, heading back outside.

In the distance, shadows collect the dead, too occupied with their grim task to notice Harry. He stares straight ahead, just walking, "It's all right. We're going to get you inside." Ginny said to the little girl, who was crying.

"I'll go help, Ginny..." Y/n muttered coldly before walking away from Hermione and Ron and towards Luna to help her with the children.

Seeing a Hufflepuff girl sobbing, she kneeled down and started comforting the girl, knowing that her love was going to the forbidden woods.

In the forest, Harry gets to the edge. Continuing on, he sees Dementors wandering in the trees. Harry starts to enter, then pauses, reaches into his pocket and removes the Snitch. Eyes the words etched upon it: "I open at the close."

Frowning, Harry closes his eyes and puts the snitch to his lips. A tremor spreads through his fingers, then his hand falls down, revealing the stone of resurrection. On the Elder Wand line, there is a jagged crack that runs down its middle. In awe of the stone, Harry closes his eyes as he begins rolling it over in his hand.

Harry stands for a moment and then, slowly, opens his eyes. Reacts. Two people stand within the Forest: James Potter, and Lily Potter,

Lily eyes him lovingly and beckons him forth. As if in a dream, Harry drifts through the trees, stops before her. "You've been so brave, sweetheart," Lily spoke looking at his son, in a ghost form.

Seeing both of his parents together, Harry asked, "How long have you both been here?".

"We never left, dear." Lily continued.

"Does it hurt? Dying?"

James spoke to his son, "You're nearly there, son." He said. "It's faster than falling asleep."

A chill breeze shakes the trees. Harry looks ahead. "You'll stay with me?" Harry asked once more looking around at the two of them, in ghost form.

"Until the very end."

"Stay close to me."

"Always..." Lily whispered.

The boy glances back toward the Forest's Edge, takes one last look at the castle in the distance, and then sets off. His guides insulate him, allowing them to slip away as dozens of dementors drift among the smoking trees. After light splinters through the trees ahead, Harry continues walking.