05 ㅡ stop acting like we're friends

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

it doesn't take long for their year's week to tokyo to approach anticipatingly.

it's something the students have been dying for and it is evident as they all board the airplane sporting excited grins, enthusiatic chatters and laughter that are contagious to one another.

although clearly unnecessary, jungwon is confused as to why a certain scent is not around at all. with his eyes, he scans the busy crowd of students settling their luggages but really can't find her anywhere.

sunoo notices his friend's searching gaze and asks him what's the matter. jungwon clears his throat, contemplating for a second to say it or not - but he responds anyways, "nothing. it's just that choi seyeon is not here."

one of sunoo's eyebrow arches in confusion, suprised as to why his friend even managrd to notice that. but that immediately disappears when he smiles and his eyes give a suggesting look, making jungwon look away while clearing his throat. "don't look at me like that."

"she's probably just fashionably late again." ni-ki mumbles from his seat, fingers busy downloading all the episodes of his series that he's planning to binge during the flight.

jungwon looks back to the day of the field trip where choi seyeon made her grand entrance with a ferrari pulling up at the school's parking lot.

she always got the element of surprise with her.

sunoo shakes his head in amusement, disapproving of how his bestfriends know so little of their new friend. "seyoeon is sitting in first class."

"eh?!" ni-ki exclaims with his whole chest, hands almost slipping his phone. jungwon's eyes are wide, lips parted in shock. "is it because jungwon doesn't want her around him?"

the latter scoffs before laughing as he takes a seat next to ni-ki, convinced that that's definitely the reason why.

however, sunoo comes in seyeon's defense, "does it look like choi seyeon wants to be around jungwon?" he sarcastically fires back, making aforementioned latter sneer at him while ni-ki laughs.

the three bask in each other's company during the short flight to tokyo. they are immediately sent to probably the best hotel they have ever been in their whole life as soon as they landed.

"goodness, i forgot we three are all sharing a room together." sunoo says, dragging his suitcase to the elevator, keycard to their hotel room in hand.

"hey! what's that supposed to mean?" ni-ki acquires and sunoo tells them that by the end of this trip he'll probably get sick of their faces in which the two teases him about.