There's a tiny, tiny part of Jiya that feels bad for hurting him like this, pero kailangan niyang makita. Kailangan niyang intindihin na never niya 'tong gagawin sa kanya, kay Migo lang.

Migo's fingers refuse to let go of her shirt when she and Gelo have to board.

Jiya grins, kisses him. "Babe, I need to go."

"Say you'll come home to me."

"I'll come home to you."

"Say you'll miss me every day, every hour, every second you're there."

Jiya can't help it. She rolls her eyes. "Every second talaga?"

Hindi natutuwa si Migo. He glares at her.

"Fine, yes, I'll miss you every day, every hour, every second."

"Okay. Text me when you land." He brushes his lips over hers again, cupping her neck. "Take care and enjoy."

Gelo sits next to her on the plane, closing the window. "Get some sleep," he tells her with a small smile. "We have a full schedule pagdating doon."

Jiya nods and rests her head against the seat.

*

They don't fight the whole time Jiya is in New York.

She updates him, greets him good morning and goodnight, asks if he's eaten, tells him she misses him, at gano'n din ang ginawa ni Migo sa kanya. Minsan, sa video calls, Inggo will be there sa screen, shouting that he misses her, and Migo will say that Inggo has been sleeping over because he knows lonely si Migo sa bahay nila right now.

"...So nag-cuddle kayo sa bed natin?"

"Tanga," Migo answers, rolling his eyes. "Do'n siya sa kwarto niya."

Still, she's glad that Inggo keeps him company kahit sa bahay man lang, kasi Migo mumbled one time sa call nila, "The bed's too cold," when she asked him why he was sleeping on the couch.

Jiya sends him selfies and receives a lot in return, but work keeps her busy and on her feet until her bones ache in exhaustion. The experience is overwhelming and thrilling and it makes her nerves hum in excitement. She's enjoying.

On their last night, Gelo asks her to dress up for a dinner party with other notable names in the publishing industry.

He told her to bring a dress in case may ganitong occasion, and buti na lang she brought one (with Migo's grumbling). Gelo's waiting outside her door with his hair slicked back in a suit and tie when she comes out in her dress, hair falling down her shoulders, jewelry and makeup on her skin.

"Wow," he breathes, smiling. Then he offers his arm to her.

Jiya takes it as they ride the elevator, and he puts a hand above her head as they get in their rental car.

Jiya looks out the window so she doesn't have to meet Gelo's eyes. She can feel them staring at the side of her face.

He opens the door again, hurrying his steps bago makalabas si Jiya, when they arrive at the venue. He puts his hand at the small of her back and leads her inside.

She knows he's staring, and she can see his fingers drum absentmindedly on the table like they want to hold something—like they always do when he sits beside her, leaning over her desk to look at the computer or her iPad. Jiya didn't notice it at first. She notices it all the time now.

For dessert, he sits down and hands her a glass of gingerbread affogato parfait with a reminiscent smile. He's holding another glass in his hands for himself. "Try it, it's sweet."