'Wasn't Merlin a practitioner of light magic?' was all Harry could think as he turned back to the title page. He looked at for one more minute before he made his decision. He got up and grabbed one more book from his new pile. He ran down the stairs, yelling he was off to the park.

The park was empty so Harry had no trouble going into a small grove hidden by a group of trees unseen. He sat on the small stone bench that was in the in the middle of the grove left forgotten by the rest of the world. Harry remembered a rumor about how a woman and her child were killed by this bench and anyone who got close was hurt by some unseen force. So many people believed it that they planted the trees around it in hope to stop people from going near the area.

Harry stumbled across it when he was looking for a place to hide from his cousin's gang. He ran in seeing a pretty woman holding a baby in her arms sitting on the bench. He asked her if he could hide there. The woman looked up at him with sorrow filled blue eyes and nodded. Harry hid behind the bench. He heard Dudley and his gang come into the grove only to run off screaming. Harry lifted his head when he felt a soft touch of a hand on his head. The woman had given him a small smile saying, "Your safe little one. No one will ever bother you here. Come here whenever you like."

Harry smiled when he thought he dreamed it all because after the woman pulled her hand back she faded away into nothing. Since that day he had been coming here every chance he got. It was calm and peaceful. He pulled himself from the memory with a shake of his head. He lifted Blood magic to his lap, leaving the other book by his side.

He opened the book to the first page and read. 'Blood Magic is only one of two branches of Grey Magic. It uses blood both given freely and forcibly taken. It is a dangerous field of magic because the practitioner becomes connected to all the blood he uses. The practitioner's most powerful blood though is their own. What many do not understand is that the more you practice Blood Magic the more powerful your own blood becomes and in doing so the more dangerous the blood becomes to other people who spill it or takes it with/without the practitioner's permission. Blood magic can be simple or complicated depending on the situation, spell/ritual, time to do it in, and confidence one has in his/her Blood magic abilities.

Not everyone will be able to use Blood magic because not everyone can control it. It can be the most difficult branch of magic you ever practice or the most natural. The best way to determine if you will be able to use blood magic is to put a drop of blood onto a mirror and use it to show you a family member, be them dead or alive. If you succeed, continue reading and studying all I have written in this book. If you do not succeed, do not continue for all that awaits you is a painful death."

Harry paused to consider what he should do. He glanced down at his shoulder bag. He had a small mirror on a keychain his aunty gave him because it had a lily on the back of it and it caught his eye in the store. He pulled it out. It was only about a 1½ inch sized metal mirror. He squeezed the finger the book cut until blood came to a head. He turned his finger over and watched the blood drop right in the middle of the mirror. He closed his eyes and thought of his mother. He opened his eyes to see a beautiful woman looking back at him with a smile on her face. Her hair was the color of fire and her eyes were only two shades lighter than his own. He had her fair skin and her smile. "Mother" The word slipped out before he could stop it. Lily's smile turned sad as she mouthed four words to him before disappearing from the mirror. 'I love you, Harrison'.

Harry set the mirror keychain on top of the book and shoved them into his bag. He wasn't going to think about this, not right now. He grabbed the book at his side, 'Blood and Tears'. He spent the rest of the afternoon getting lost in the politics of the Dark ages. He made it home after Amara yelled at him for staying outside for so long.