Two

"I had fun today." Will smiles as he walks me to my door. "Me too." I nod, trying to ignore the little bit of doubt on my mind. It wasn't that I didn't have fun with him, but that we hung out almost everyday, doing the same thing. Even on days where we had nothing to argue about, he would always find an issue, or act super annoyed until I ask him what's wrong. 

"So, will I be seeing you tomorrow?" He asks as we reach my front porch. "Oh, actually Oscar  asked me to go out shopping for a bit with him. He wants to buy some stuff for Stella, but wants my opinion too." I chuckle. 

Stella and Oscar have been dating for a few months now, and I'm really happy for them. Ever since Stella's mom passed away when we were 11, she wasn't fully herself. But with Oscar, she's the happiest I've seen her in years. 

Will looked down at the ground, sighing extra loud so that I could hear. I knew what was coming, but dreaded having another argument just because I'm hanging out with my best friend's boyfriend. I would understand if Oscar was weird around me or I had never met him before, but Oscar is like a brother to me. 

"Is that okay?" I ask, knowing it wasn't. "I just don't get why he needs you to go shopping with him. It's his girlfriend. He should know what she likes." He says, rolling his eyes. "Okay well im sorry. I can cancel i guess." I tell him. "No. It's fine. Whatever." He tells me.

Stella always tells me not to apologise to him nor offer to cancel my other plans, but it's the easiest way to keep him mad for not as long. 

When i got inside I sighed in relief for not having a whole screaming match in front of the whole neighbourhood. I told myself that it is okay for me to hang out with friends even if Will isn't okay with it, but deep down felt guilty for upsetting him. 

By morning time, I could tell he was getting more and more frustrated with me. I headed on the bus and met up with Oscar.

"Where should we start?" He said greeting me at the mall. "How about Champs. We can see if they have the shoes that she wanted." I said as we walked into the store. After shopping for about an hour, we decide to head to the food court to g.t something to drink.

"Oh how about boba?" I suggest. 

We buy our drinks and take a seat at a table. "So, how are things with you and Will?" He asks politely. The thing about Stella, is that her and Will are cousins, and she knows a lot about our relationship. She also fills in Oscar with all the drama going on.

"Well, I mean we haven't really had a 'big' argument in a while which is good." I tell him, taking a sip of my drink. "Have y'all, you know, lately?" He says hesitantly. I shake my head no, not really telling him why, but knowing that he is aware if what happened last time.

"Oh, my friend Matthew bought a Tesla the other day." He chirps, breaking the silence. "Oh wait really? They are crazy expensive." I chuckle. 

Oscar had mentioned a couple of his friends he had met through his online gaming tournament, Matthew being one of them. Stella had brought him up a few times as well, mainly just saying how Oscar was playing with him again. 

Oscar was very fond of his gaming friends. He even mentioned how Matthew was coming to visit him on winter break. 

"Has anything happened lately with Will?" He asked me. The thing I liked about Oscar was that I could openly talk with him about Will, and I could trust him with what I was saying. "Uhm, well we had an incident the other week, where he had another girl sending him shower pics and pictures with no top on." I spoke, trying not to get upset. "What? Delaney how long did that go on for?" He asked with a shocked tone. "Only a few months, until I finally told him how uncomfortable it made me." I replied as Oscar's jaw dropped. "I'm sorry, you're saying that you had to tell him it wasn't okay for another girl to be sending him practically nudes?" He shouted causing strange looks from around the food court. "I would have broken up with him for that." Oscar tells me with zero hesitation.

I suppose he has a point. But when I confronted Will about it, he tried to defend it all, and I figured it would save the hassle of arguing if I just forgave him. Or at least told him I did. Deep down inside it hurt. But I tried not to think too hard into it.