"Y/n I don't know what you want me to say. I'm sorry I wasn't there for you I would change time if I could but I can't." He said

"I don't want you to say anything, I just wanted you to know. Can we go to bed?" I said

"Yea let's go." He grabbed my hand and pulled me up as I put out the blunt.

We walked to my room silently.

Once we entered I saw that Saylah had woken up. I picked her of from her crib and held her close. I looked at Rafe to see him staring intensely.

"Do you want to hold her?" I asked. He nodded putting his arms out as I placed her in them. He swayed around the room getting her to sleep as I brushed my teeth.

Once she was back asleep she went back in her crib and I laid down in my bed.

"You can lay down, it doesn't have to be awkward." I said flipping the covers on the other side of the bed so he could get in.

He slipped under the covers as I scooted closer.

At first we were just laying next to each other, but the growing tension in the room was killing me. So I decided to just cuddle into him.

I threw my leg over his waist and I laid my head on his chest as my hand placed itself under his shirt.

He was shocked at first but once he got comfortable he placed his hand on my thigh and pulled me closer by the waist.

"Goodnight Rafe." I said

"Goodnight Y/n." He replied quietly before we both fell asleep.

Skip Time

John B.s POV

It was the next day and no one else was up yet. JJ had already left so it was just me.

I sat in the living room watching tv when Rafe came out of Y/n's room.

You could tell he was hesitant on saying something.

"I didn't know you spent the night.." I said

"Yea she said it was fine, I was just coming to get some water.." he said

"This doesn't have to be awkward, I still don't really like you very much but I know that just because I don't like, doesn't mean that Y/n doesn't. But you better treat her right. Idk what you guys are but I'll fucking kill you. And if your gonna be in Saylahs life you better not leave her like you left Y/n. I had never seen her so sad before. But yea get your water, I'll be out on the porch." I said before getting up and going outside.

Rafes POV

To say it was awkward was an understatement. I could feel him staring into my soul, which means he meant what he said. I don't really blame him either.

I went to the fridge to get water and looked around a little bit. Not really I just kind of stood there and browsed.

But as I was looking I couldn't help but think that this is what Y/n and Saylah have been living in. I mean to go from a 4 story house with an in-ground pool and a tennis court to this was pretty shitty.

I heard crying really close to my ear when I saw a baby monitor on the counter.

I turned it off and went to Y/n's room to see if Saylah was ok.

When I walked in Y/n was still sleeping, she was always a heavy sleeper. I walked o we to Saylahs crib to see her trying to kick the small blanket on her body off.

"Hey princess." I said picking her up.

As soon as I picked her up she stopped crying and looked at me. One of her hands was gripping my t-shirt while the other was on my cheek. It was like she was taking in my figure, or like she knew who I was.

"Rafe?" Y/n woke up.

"What happened is she ok?" She asked jumping up.

"Yea she's ok she just woke up." I said bouncing Saylah as she chewed on my shirt.

"Oh... are you ok?" She asked

"Yea I'm ok, what's wrong you seem nervous?" I questioned sitting on the bed.

"Yea I'm, it was just a dream." She rubbed her eyes and laid back taking a deep breathe.

"You wanna talk about it?" I said looking at her.

"Um yea, I have to feed her though." She said.

"Ok then you feed her and talk and I will sit here and listen." I said sitting next to her as she took Saylah from my arms.

She got herself situated before leaning back and sighing.

"Ok, well I was here and so were you and Saylah. I was laying in bed and you were holding Saylah next to me, when John B. came in with 2 cops. They told me that I was an unfit mother and that you needed to give them the baby or they would take her from you. Obviously we said no. Eventually they took her and then I don't really know why but they took you to. They wouldn't let me go after you guys. I couldn't say anything, I couldn't scream, I couldn't do anything. I was just stuck, like I was paralyzed." She cried out. Her story didn't make sense but it did at the same time.

She pulled Saylah closer to her and she took a shallow breath before swallowing back all off her tears.

I took her hand in mine causing her to look at me.

"Look, I know I haven't been around, but I promise no one is gonna take Saylah away okay? I'll make sure of it." I said to her.

She looked at me and then my lips causing me to lean slightly closer, and before I knew it, her lips were on mine.