Chapter 8

You jolted awake when Kol's voice delivered quite loudly in your ear. You had papers stuck to your face as you sat up quickly, Kol laughing at your reaction to being woken up to the words of, "Hey, Sleeping Beauty."

"Fuck off," you gasped on instinct, removing the papers from your face. Rebekah smacked Kol up the side of his head and Esme laughed lightly, "She's working very hard."

You nodded and stood to stretch, "Yes, I am. Thank you, Esme."

Emmett snickered, "Working hard on trying to catch those Z's." Rosalie smacked him and told him to hush and he obeyed with a smirk. You tidied the papers and passed them to Freya, who was writing notes in a journal about the spells. She absent-mindedly grabbed them and turned her attention to them. You gently rocked her shoulder, "You okay?"

She nodded mindlessly, her mind obviously preoccupied with the spells. There was another month and a half until the portal could be opened again and you weren't even halfway through. Being the only witch present put pressure on her and she was very stressed with the situation. The spell was advanced-it was a spell that was supposed to prevent a rip between space and time from being permanent (which was not an easy spell to counter). You tried to help her, but not being a witch was a disadvantage because you couldn't read spells.

Everyone was talking about the room, the vampires from separate worlds enjoyed talking with one another. You excused yourself for air. You tried to take Freya with you, but she was too invested in her spells to break away from them now.

You lingered at the porch, looking up as you admired the sight of the sunlight creeping through the trees. It reminded you of something. It was an old, nostalgic feeling.

You took a few steps off the lawn and ventured through the trees, racking your brain on ways to contribute to the spells. There was something in the back of your mind but it felt... blocked. It was like the thought was being dragged away by some strange force buried deep in your mind.

Your hands were pressed to your temples, as you walked with your eyes to the ground. "Why can't I remember?" you muttered, trying your best to think of something, anything to help. You knew there was something, you've done this before.

You were walking for a while when you came up on a ravine. You absent-mindedly crossed over it, stepping over a couple rocks to avoid getting wet by the river flowing through it.

You became very minded when you were suddenly attacked, tackled to the ground as you and some other beast rolled out into the water. You groaned, sucking a breath through your teeth as the beast's teeth sunk into your arm. You almost yelled at the pain of it, reaching your other arm forward and grabbing its neck tight when it tried to bite at you again. You made eye contact with the beast-a large wolf the size of a bear (or bigger)-and growled at it, "Get off of me!"

The wolf's ears folded back, its eyes widening as it whimpered and moved off of you reluctantly. You scrambled to your feet, holding your wounded arm through your tattered shirt. You glared at the giant wolf and brought your arm back to attack the beast that just tried to kill you.

"Y/N, no!" Carlisle's voice yelled at the other side of the ravine, "Come back over here." You grumbled and began to walk over, holding your arm. "Paul, she's a friend. I promise," Carlisle assured the wolf who growled as he disappeared back into the trees.

"If that thing touches me again, I'm going to snap its neck," you muttered, "What even was it?"

"A werewolf," he answered. Your eyes widened and you looked back at your shoulder, pressing down on it further with a stifled groan. Only moments later, three guys came out of the trees. They all wore sleeveless sweaters and shorts, and there were tattoos on their shoulders.