Chapter 4

Montgomery couldn't understand how Riley broke up with him.  They had gone through so much together all for them to just break up now.  He couldn't understand how a girl that was dead had still been causing problems in there relationship.  He didn't care that she said it was over because for him it wasn't not as long as he still loved her, and he always would.  She was his first love and he was hers.  He wasn't giving up on her, on them.  So as soon as he saw her at school the next day he approached her.  He asked her if she wanted to hang out at Bryces after school with the guys later.  She had wanted to say no.  She wanted to be strong like the day before and turn him down.  But when she looked into those eyes that held so much anger and rage towards her just yesterday. Now she saw no trace of it all she saw was that hopeful glint and that soft look that he saved for her she couldn't say no and gave in. 

No matter how much she didn't want to give into him she couldn't help herself.  Because she loved him and because of that she couldn't realize how much she needed them to work. She had invested so much time into him only for him to turn into someone she didn't know. Imagine your painting: you go out and buy an expensive canvas and lots of paint.  You spend years on this painting.  Make sure that its perfect, adding and subtracting details, redoing it and re examining,  this painting feels like all you have to show for the past 2 years, years of your life because it's what you invested all your free time and money and effort and tears and frustrations. And then to be faced with the decision to destroy it.  No matter how mad it's making you, even if it comes out completely wrong it's just not that easy. And that's why Riley continues to stay in a relationship with the person that might not be good for her. Even if like Riley they fell in love with their partners best friend. 

After Riley got home from Bryce walker's house she walked to her room shed off her clothes and closed the door.  She then threw on an old baseball t-shirt that had belonged to Jeff Atkins.  After he had passed she refused to wash it insisting that it smelled like him.  Until her older sister threw it in the washer.  When it came out instead of smelling like Jeff it smelled like tide.  This resulted in Riley having a mental break down and screaming at her sister.  Now it no longer smelled like him but she still found comfort in wearing it. She then turned the lights off and stepped into bed and turned on her side

Just as she started to drift asleep she heard the slight creaking of her window opening.  She didn't bother opening her eyes she knew who it was.  Then a small thud the sound of shoes being kicked off a shirt being thrown off and then felt a weight lay behind her in the bed. A gentle kiss was placed on the side of her head and an arm wrapped around her waist.  She turned around to lay her forehead to lay on there bare chest and let out a breath.

She then picked her head up to lay on the pillow.  Opened her eyes and instantly connected with a pair of blueish green eyes.  They where always warm and always brought her so much comfort.  She hated the comfort they brought her.  It made her realize how much worse what she was really doing.  It was no longer just cheating on her boyfriend it was so much more.

She breathed in a whisper "hi".

His eyes stayed Locked with hers and he whispered back "hey".  He slowly slid his fingers down her stomach.  She turned onto her back and he toyed with the waistband of her shorts before sliding underneath the soft material while retaining eye contact making her breath hitch.

"I missed you" he whispered.

"I- I missed y-you too" she whispered back breathily having trouble speaking because of where his hand was currently positioned and how he made her feel.  He then leaned in to brush his lips against hers before leaning all the way in to kiss her lips.

She moaned against his mouth before whimpering out his name.

"Scott".