A Red Dress

Dante sits on the side of the pool and asks me if I would go up to his room later this evening and maybe wear a dress I bought from the trip out. I quickly accept and begin to feel excited.

He doesn't give me a set time; instead, he tells me to come up to him when I'm ready. In my head, I am thinking it is now too soon but trying not to let him think I am ecstatic, so instead, I throw my hair over my shoulder and say I will be up later. Now he has left, I'm again thinking about Rodi's remark and how he said it.

Maybe I should run to my room and do a google search because that's what mom would do! No, I can't; that's just weird, and only psychopaths do that. I go back to my room but opt to shower rather than stalk the poor guy that's bought me these lovely clothes today.

After all, what's a bit of mystery about someone, and it's not like I will see him again when I leave for England.

After slipping into my new red dress and the sexy red underwear, I bought 'well Dante bought', I check myself out in the mirror and head for the door. I reach Dante's suite and read a note on the door

'Please let yourself in and come to the balcony xx.'

As I nudge the door and enter the room, I notice that it's dark but lit up with candles along the floor. I'm now concerned that I'm going to set myself on fire, and by the time I reach the balcony, I'll only be wearing the new underwear, and Dante won't of seen the beautiful dress he paid for.

Watching out for all the fire surrounding me, I glide through the drapes expecting to see him waiting for me, but he isn't there, and I see only the table with drinks. I decide to take the drink I presume is for me, as I need it to help calm my nerves. I look out over the orchard and can't help but smile to myself. 

"Felicity", a voice calls. I turn and see him standing in the doorway. "Wearing a tie tonight, are we," I ask. His smile widens, and he does a boyish look at his shoulder as if I made him blush, but as he looks back up, he bites his bottom lip and shakes his head.

"Could you look any more beautiful?" he remarks, "well, I've tried my best, Dante, but maybe I could try harder tomorrow", I joked, smiling at him. As he moves closer, I feel my heart beating and a flutter in my stomach. Raising my hand, I place it on the back of his neck and slide my fingers into the hair I can feel.

Pulling him closer, I whisper in his ear, "I love my new dress, and the matching underwear is very comfortable" he then lifts his hand and places it on my face, gently holding it and brings it back round to meet his "And you are worth so much more" he whispers whilst beginning to kiss me. I sync in the feeling of Dante's warm lips as they meet mine.

"Are you hungry?" he asks, "I'm not actually, I'm still full from lunch", trying to reply without insulting him if he has arranged dinner. "oh yes, dinner with my driver", he mocks. "That is fine. We can drink here and look at the beautiful views together," he suggests. "I would love that", I agree.

Sat here with Dante and looking out at views that last miles, I think about what will happen when I leave, and the thought of going home crushes me. Dante notices my change in expression and questions if there is something wrong. I'm honest with him and tell him my thoughts, "Come here", he says whilst rising from his seat.

He places me in front of him, looking out over the balcony and buries his head in my neck. "Please don't think about leaving and just enjoy it whilst you are here. We never know what tomorrow brings, so savour each day".

His words bring a tear to my eye, and I hold his hands tighter where they are clutched around my waist, feeling like it's all a dream or maybe I am in some coma after crashing my car.