Ch 5: You came like a dream (5)

Start from the beginning

What?

Its white tail twitched. Its front paws, which had been beating his head hard, had also stopped. Ruby, hopping off Lloyd’s head, flexibly avoided his attack and ran to Acilla. Hngg, she nodded her head slightly as she looked at its sadly weeping blue eyes.

I understand, I would be stupid if I still haven’t noticed it so far.

The next owner of this cat, whom Reinhardt adores, was apparently the illegitimate child of Count Artes.

“That illegitimate b*stard will die because of you!”

And I see that she’s being abused. Now I understand why you held on to me like that.

The maid named Mary took the boy, whose hair was plucked out in a mess and had bloody cheeks, and painstakingly nudged him away. She wondered if the little boy had any common sense left when she said that he was in front of Count Artes’s guest—Oh, amazing!—He left in a relatively calm manner while gnashing his teeth.

The landscape outside the window was slowly turning dark.

It may be late for some, but it’s never too late for others. Acilla’s red eyes flashed bleakly through the surging night.

As she went down the stairs, the gatekeeper who had been muttering in the hallway bowed to her. His mouth was hanging over his ears as if he liked the money bag that he got for free.

“I have a favor to ask of you.”

The gatekeeper quickly brought a piece of paper and a pen at the promise that she would pay more money if he delivered the note to Duncan’s mansion.

[Acilla Duncan.]

Finishing her signature elegantly, Acilla looked down at the sullen cat. It was moaning while covering its ears with its front paws.

“Cat.”

“……”

“Get up.”

Ruby’s ears perked up, and Acilla nodded slowly.

There’s no time to lose. It looks like the child is injured, but it’s just sitting and sleeping, waiting for something.

At the thought of wiping out the house while being an uninvited guest, Acilla grinned.

…It’s a self-evident fact that it is difficult to treat a prestigious noble family recklessly, even as the successor of the Duncan family.

If so.

If it’s hard to make a mess, there’s only one answer.

‘Let’s play a game and fix it with money.’

For your information, spending money was one of the things she did best.

Acilla folded her eyes and smiled. Drawing an arc around her lips as if her knight riding on a pale horse was coming.

“Let’s go find your master.”

Yes, that’s it, Human! The Persian cat pricked up its ears and cried.

Ruby took the lead by moving its long legs, tak tak tak, and Acilla followed the running cat at a rather quick pace. Her heels ruthlessly trampled on the luxurious carpet.

Her clear smile foreshadowed a blue sky.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Tok tok. Ronell frowned and opened one of her eyes at the sudden sound, and the Countess stopped her hand as well.

“What’s going on?”