Chapter 24: Exploring the Castle

(Before we begin, I'd like to apologize for how many chapters that are literally 'Y/N wandering aimlessly and killing pointless enemies.' The reason I include chapters like this is because I don't want to jump constantly between the important chapters happening without any progression. I also want to mention that I have a concept planned for my DMC 5 segment involving a character I've come up with though they won't be an O/C as such, at a later time, likely after this segment, I will do a summary that explains what I mean.)

Y/N POV

Following my encounter with that 'Phantom' creature, I just stared at the gaping hole it created in the ceiling. Eventually though, I sighed to myself before turning around and resuming my journey into the castle.

Instead of resuming up the stairs like I initially planned, I instead retraced my steps and made my way back the the way I came. I encountered the door mid-way up the stairs though just like before it was locked so I stepped back.

I ignored the door which I initially entered and focused my attention on the other door however before I could go through it, more Marionette puppets dropped from the ceiling. Luckily, there were only three of them and by this point, I was more than familiar on how to deal with them.

One of them tried hurling a dagger towards me however I dodged and pulled out Cinder, swiftly firing a series of shots directly into its head, killing it in no time. I then turned my attention to the other two.

They tried rushing me though, I didn't even put Cinder away, instead, I just raised it again and shifted twice shooting both of them in the head as well. All three of them were dealt with relatively quickly.

With them out of the way, I made my way towards the door once again, as I entered it I found myself in another smaller room, this one was decorated with tables, chairs and cupboards along with some other things as well.

I was just about to leave, believing it to be a dead end when I suddenly heard a strange noise behind me. Turning back in the direction of the door, I will admit, I was surprised when I saw some kind of portal.

Naturally, I was suspicious of the strange and sudden appearance of the portal. I drew Eclipse and raised Cinder just in case I was ambushed at all as I slowly approached the swirling vortex. Once I was close enough though, I leapt into it.

The portal seemingly transported me to another area of the castle, looking out of a nearby window, it was obvious I was still in the human world. I let out a faint sigh of relief. The last thing I wanted was to be suddenly whisked to the Demon Realm unprepared.

Regardless, I decided it would be best to explore further to this new area of the castle I was located in, the portal closed behind me, leaving me to find my own way back to wherever Dante was.

I walked down a long corridor with a red carpet. The entire place looked like your typical castle to be honest. That was until I noticed the corridor split into two routes. I could either go straight ahead, or I could turn right.

I decided on the latter of the two options, turning right and following a slightly shorter corridor which lead me to yet another set of double doors with a red veil covering it. Luckily by this point, I already knew how these worked so I simply offered some of the red orbs I had gathered up to this point, causing the barrier to deactivate and shatter.

Entering the double doors, I found myself in a long rectangular room which was clearly some kind of dining area, I figured as such due to the long table the was in the centre of the room. I kept my weapons ready expecting to be ambushed by more Marionettes.

Instead though, I found something slightly WORSE! Only slightly though mind you. It started when I narrowly dodged a slash from two scissor-like blades. I spun around and I will admit, I was surprised.

Now I was faced with two floating figures, they appeared to be masses of black with white masks serving as their faces. Each of them clutched a large razor-bladed pair of scissors in their hands almost like swords.

Image of the Sin Scissors:

I leapt upwards towards one of them, readying Eclipse and slashing up at it

I leapt upwards towards one of them, readying Eclipse and slashing up at it. To my surprise though, it raised the scissors and blocked before attempting to parry by using both blades in a singular stabbing motion.

I dodged before making a stabbing motion of my own, thrusting right into the chest of this demon. I paused for a moment, waiting for it to try and attack me as well. And that's when I sprung my plan into action.

In an instant, I dropped myself, allowing the second demon to stab its scissors into the one I initially wounded, actually managing to kill it. I just stared up at them with a smirk on my face as the first one dissolved into nothing.

The second scissor demon turned to me before going in for another attack. I just kept smirking before pulling Cinder out and firing about ten shots into the creatures face before jumping up one last time and cutting it in half.

Once they were out of the way, I made my way out of this dining room. Little did I know what I would encounter next. Or rather WHO I would encounter...

Author's Note: And that's it for this chapter, I'm sorry if it was underwhelming, if it's any consolation, the next chapter will hopefully be a very interesting one. Either way, I still do hope you enjoyed this chapter and as always, thank you all for reading.