¹⁸ ❘❘ ᵉˡᵉᶜᵗʳⁱᶜ ˡᵒᵛᵉ ༉·₊˚✧

Start from the beginning

Bokuto shake his head from left to right in a vigorous manner, but before you could give a reaction to this, he immediately spoke, "But I gave nee-chan's number to Akaashi back then though, in case of emergency or when my phone isn't with me!"

"Oh, that's really smart of you." You asserts and quickly fetch your phone from your bed. It may be a simple words for you, but Bokuto being Bokuto whose existence were simply empowered by compliments, start to grin happily as he start to blabber with joy.

Eyeing him again, you notice that his shirt is quiet damped since the water probably seeped through his jacket, and his spiked up hairstyle was now droopy and matted due to the heavy rainfall he had to endure while looking for a place to shelter himself lately.

'If he stay wearing those, he'll more likely catch a cold.' You thought to yourself.

You totter towards your closet and browse through your clothes, which mostly consists of large shirts and above the knee-length shorts. Grabbing a set with the biggest size you have, you pass it over to Bokuto's arms then told him to take a warm bath.

As the captain disappear inside the bathroom to do what you said, you return to your phone and call Akaashi. Dialing his contact, it only took him two rings to answer. The setter asks why did you call him. You disclose the details to him about their captain's situation right away. Of course, you didn't left out the part that he will stay here for the night.

With a listless sigh from the other line upon discovering that his problematic upperclassman is being his problematic self again, Akaashi says that he'll be the one to ring Bokuto's sister and explain everything. Smiling gratefully― even though he couldn't possibly see it― you thank him before ending the call and slowly breath out in relief.

Suddenly, there was three consecutive knocks that came from your front door, snatching your attention from the phone in your grasp. Haphazardly tossing it in your bed that made it tumble a few times, you jog towards the entrance and warily open your door just a crack. Ready to slam close again if ever it happened to be some burglar, or anyone with malicious intent.

Gaze falling upon the old woman's hunched frame who live next door, prompts you to completely drop down your defense and fully swing the door open.

She's none other than the dearest mother of your landlord, and the one who always look after you despite the fact that you aren't even related by blood. Actually, she's Rezu's grandmother. Though, the elder already treated you like her own before she even discovered that you're close with her feral grandkid.

The unconditional love and care like how a mother would give to their children that she showed you, instantaneously made your heart grow fond of her. And so, the sight of her standing in your doorstep causes you to start panicking. "Y-Yasashi-san! What are you doing outside?! Please come in, it's dangerous―"

"No need, hija. And how many times do I have to tell you to just call me abuela? Anyway, I'm here to check on you and give you this to keep yourselves warm." She laughs gently before gesturing to the big white porcelain bowl of ramen in her old, wrinkly hands. "I saw that you have a handsome young man over tonight, so I added some more meat. Eat it while it's still hot."

Accepting the warm food in your hands, you regard her with a smile that expressed your utmost gratitude and wholeheartedly thank her, along with a courteous bow. She smiles back before waddling her way back to her home in a quiet haste pace, cueing you to close the door again and lock it up, just for safety purposes.

'She's so thoughtful as always...' you inwardly whisper to yourself while looking at the homecooked meal she made. Its appetizing look and salivating aroma is more than enough to make your stomach rumble with hunger.