Afterstory: The Future Of Ninjas

Start from the beginning

"Time is passing really fast Shikamaru. I can still remember the days when we became ninjas."

"Now it's time to let the younger generation take over huh? We've become old. Really old." sighed Shikamaru. Naruto could only grin as the two happily reminsce their past.

At the ninja's academy

There is a clutter of young academy students standing outside the school field, each waiting in line to recieve their very own hitaite band. From outside the gates, Boruto Sarada and Mitsuki are glued to the bars trying to find Himawari among the crowd.

Himawari was a small, dainty girl who always wore light yellow clothes at school. She was often weak but teachers knew of her strong willpower. The boys at school would often bully her until Boruto arrived to kick their asses. But overtime, the boys fell for Himawari's cute innocence especially her strong dedication of putting sunflowers at Neji's grave every morning.

"There she is! HIMAWARI-CHAN!!!!" screamed Boruto.

"Shut up you idiot!" whispered Sarada as she quickly covered his mouth.

"Oh look. The teachers are coming." said Mitsuki.

From afar, Himawari could easily recognize the loud voice and could only giggle. She took forward with Boruto's cheer and proudly took her hitaite from her teacher's hands.

"Thank you for teaching me Shino-sensei." said Himawari as she recieved her hitaite.

"Grow up to be a strong ninja like your father but don't take after your noisy brother okay?" replied Shino with a smile.

"My brother is on a different level." giggled Himawari.

~X~

After the graduation ceremony, the students were allowed to go to their parents. Naruto was busy with duties as a hokage and Hinata had Hyuuga duties to attend to but Himawari was more than happy enough to see her brother instead.

"Congratulations on becoming a genin, Hima-chan!" said Sarada as she patted Himawari's head.

"Shall we celebrate with some cinnamon buns? Or do you want ramen?" asked Mitsuki.

"WAIT! WHO IS IN YOUR TEAM DATTEBASA?!!" shouted Boruto.

"I haven't gotten them yet. We'll get the arrangements next week...." replied Himawari.

"Is there anyone in mind that you would want to have?" asked Sarada.

"Well......" said Himawari softly as there was a slight tint red on her cheeks.

"Ah of course, Himawari too must have someone she likes." said Mitsuki.

"WHAT?!! HIMAWARI TELL ME NOW!"

"E-Eh?! N-No!" said Himawari as she blushed heavily.

"It's the boy with the strange eyebrows right?" giggled Sarada.

"LET ME MEET WITH HIM NOW! I MUST FIGHT WITH HIM!"

"What's up with all the yelling so early in the morning?" sighed a voice from behind. It was the new Shika-Ino-Cho team, Shikadai, Inojin and ChoCho.

"You missed the ceremony." said Mitsuki.

"Whatever. It was troublesome to walk all the way here." sighed Shikadai.

"Congratulations on becoming a genin Himawari!" said Inojin.

"Now you're on the same ranks as us! Woohoo!" said ChoCho

"Thank you everyone! I'm thankful that all of you came to my graduation!" smiled Himawari.

"Since everyone's here, let's all go eat lunch dattebasa!"

"Like what? I'm not paying." shrugged Shikadai.

"Himawari's favourite. And I'll pay." said Inojin.

"Oh wow, what a gentlemen." said ChoCho.

"Did I say I'll pay for all of you? I'm only going to pay for Himawari's and myself." answered Inojin.

"WHAAAAAAT?!!!" shouted Boruto and ChoCho in unison.

Both Sarada and Himawari giggled at this scene. The laughter brought happiness to the Konoha village. Their very first mission 5 years ago brought the five of them closer, as if they were siblings.

They had high expectations from the Seventh Hokage, Uzumaki Naruto. He had a great hope of the future of ninjas. It was the start of everything.

Uzumaki Boruto, Uchiha Sarada, Nara Shikamaru, Yamanaka Inojin, Akimichi ChoCho and Uzumaki Himawari.

Their names will soon go down into the history of ninjas and become the new guidance for the next generation of ninjas.

~THE END~

And with that, this book has officially ended. It was short, but rather fun to write despite me forever not updating T_T sorry~ I hope you have enjoyed reading this and do look forward to my future works! See ya soon~