Chapter Five: How To Love

I was silent the whole way home. As soon as Embry stopped the car in front of my house, I jumped out.

"Nova." I ignored him and ran inside. I got to my room, slammed the door, and flopped down on my bed. I couldn't take this. It was all too much! I could handle the wolf thing. But vampires? I didn't want my little brother mixed up with that. I didn't know what was going on. Jacob came in my room then and sat on the bed next to me.

"What's wrong? Is it Embry?"

"When were you gonna tell me about the vampires, Jake?" He was silent.

"I was going to tell you. We all were. I had to talk to Sam first." He put his head in his hands.

"And who is this Bella chick? How come I haven't heard about her and her slutty-ness?"

"She's not a slut! I love her. But I haven't... She's in love with this bloodsucker that lives in Fork with his family. The Cullen's." My head snapped up.

"The what?"

"The Cullen's?" He looked confused. I broke out in a grin.

"Take me to their house."

He drove me to the house and they were all outside in a moment. Rosalie with the biggest grin, then she sniffed the air.

"You don't smell the same." I jumped on her and wrapped my legs around her waist and my arms around her shoulders. Jake and who I figured was Bella looked at each other in confusion.

"Rose was my best friend in Pittsburgh. Then she moved after, like, a year! I can't believe you're in Forks!" I squealed.

"Wait, what are you doing here, Nova?" Emmett said, laughing.

"Jake is my half-brother. My mom and Billy were together a long time ago." I hugged everyone then stood in front of Bella and crossed my arms over my chest.

"So, you're Bella, huh? The one my brother is so in love with." I narrowed my eyes and she hid slightly behind Edward. I sniffed the air and wrinkled my nose.

"I don't see what's so special." I was actually surprised at myself. I was never this bitchy... Rose snickered, Edward growled. "Oh, hush." I snorted and grabbed Jake's arm and left.
********
That evening was the first time I had seen Paul since the first day I met him. Embry and I sat on the couch at Sam's house. Sam was watching TV and Emily was cooking. It was a date night and we were having dinner in.

"So, Embry, talked to Paul yet?" Sam smirked.

"What would he need to talk to Paul about?" I asked.

"You." Embry answered. I furrowed my eyebrows and he shook his head for me to drop it. The boys and Leah came in then and we all gave them death glares. Only they could ruin date night.

"Hey, guys!" Seth smiled, flopping down next to me.

"We're having date night." I growled. Jake stood there with his hands up.

"Woah. I can tell when I'm not wanted." He laughed and sat on the floor. I rolled my eyes. Paul was the last one in and Embry shifted uncomfortably next to me. He glared at Embry, but his gaze softened when he looked at me. He pushed himself between Seth and I on the couch.

"Sup, girl?"

"Not much. You?" I laughed and I could almost melt at the sight of his brown eyes. Embry growled.

"What's the deal with you guys tonight? You're acting like you wanna kill each other." Leah laughed at the thought.

"I think someone should tell her... She knows about everything else. I think she can handle it." Jake sighed.

"Okay, now you have to tell me."

"When you're a wolf, you don't just fall in love with someone. You imprint. All of a sudden, it isn't gravity holding you to the earth..." Sam said slowly.

"It's them." Paul finished. I caught my breath. So who had imprinted on me? Paul or Embry?

"Woah, woah, woah. I'm not ready for that. I'm not even grown!" Tears welled in my eyes and threatened to fall over the brim. I didn't have a say in much in my life over the years, but I will by God have a say in who I'm with for the rest of my life.

-----------------

A/N: apparently, we all know Paul imprinted on her... but still.

the song for this chapter is How to Love by lil wayne.