And a few weeks back the boy had become undoubtedly distant with his feelings.

There was no future with Theo in her life, she subconsciously knew that from the start. But now she wanted to leave, craved to leave—but she just...couldn't.

If she wasn't so hesitant to do so, she would say that she was scared of the consequences.

If she broke up with Theo she would have to quit her job, she couldn't deal with still working with him after the break up. It wouldn't be sad for her, but she didn't know how he would react to it. Didn't know how he would treat her in the workplace after.

And she couldn't leave her job, she absolutely adored it. Julia was so nice and enjoyed teaching Averie—not that she needed to learn anything new, she was already almost at Julia's level of designing, but there was always room for improvement. She'd made so many new designs and her ideas were progressing each time she sketched anything.

Averie was doing so well, and her career was flourishing right before her eyes.

So she couldn't quit this job, either.

She was trapped, and didn't know what to do.

For now she could only put on a fake smile around Theo, acting as if he didn't bother her most of the time. It was easier to do that. That way her career wasn't in danger and neither were her emotions.

But it wasn't what she wanted.

She wanted to be free.

And everyday a little more of her freedom fell into Theo's manipulative little hands, shredding her into what he wanted her to be—his property.

Theo had only ever wanted her to be that.

In all truth, Averie was scared to face the unwelcomed repercussions of her actions. He was so mean to her when he got jealous for no reason, she couldn't imagine what would happen if she left.

But she didn't have to worry about that, because she couldn't. She couldn't leave. Not if she cared about her career—and she so obviously did.

Averie was just happy to get away from Theo for some time. She viewed herself as lucky to have alone time for packing, or so she thought until the doorbell rang throughout her apartment. She sighed, already knowing who it was at her front door. She couldn't have this time to herself.

Why would she?

Averie unfolded her legs from under her body, picking herself up and onto the floor from her previous position on the bed. She just wanted to pack without any distractions, was that so much to ask for?

Obviously it was, as the doorbell screamed again.

Her bare feet prodded lightly towards the front door, dressed in only a black tank top and plaid pajama pants, she obviously didn't expect anyone else to come see her.

It was no surprise when she opened the front door and standing there was exactly who she guessed before. Her all sweet and loving boyfriend. Only this time he wasn't wearing such a sweet face.

Theo's immediate frown worried her, did she do something?

"Why are you packing?"

"For my parents? I told you this days ago, Theo," she raised her eyebrows. Did he seriously forget?

He stepped inside of the room, shutting the front door—a little harshly too. Averie quietly stepped back into her room, where her suitcase was laid on her bed with clothes strewn all over it.