Mall Rats (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

She agreed with Max that this was definitely not her, but it was something that she could live with for a while. But now it was time for her to find her style.

***

Nikki and El came out of the dressing room and stood in front of the mirror where max waited for them.

El wore the blue shirt the caught her eye earlier with a pair of yellow pants and suspenders that held them up.

Nikki wore a light pink long sleeved sweater paired with black shorts that she tucked the sweater into.

Max handed El a yellow beret and handed Nikki a pair of sleek black sunglasses. Nikki slipped them over her eyes as El put the beret on but needed a little help adjusting it so Max helped.

El tested out the suspenders by snapping them against herself, making all three of them giggle.

***

Some how the boys found themselves in a jewelry store with Mike hunched over the displays looking for the right thing for El. He finally stopped when he came across a little teddy bear in a box he knew El would like.

"Excuse me, sir," Mike caught the attention of a worker. "How much for this teddy bear right here?"

"Three hundred?" Lucas repeated astonished as they left the store.  "Three hundred."

"I should've shoved that teddy bear right up his—"

***

El and Nikki jumped out of the changing rooms to where Max waited for them.

Nikki wore a white pair of shorts with a blue checkered top that showed a little bit of her stomach.

El wore a matching white shirt and skirt that had paint splashes on it.

Max and Nikki seemed to have the same idea because the both reached for a belt they thought would look great with El's outfit. Nikki had grabbed a yellow one and Max had grabbed a red one. Both girls held it up for El to see and choose from.

El ended up deciding on the yellow one and once she put it on, she started spinning and fell back into Max and Nikki, who both caught her.

***

Lucas led the boys to a place where a lot of women were going in and out.

There's gotta be something in there, Lucas thought as they got to the entrance.

Boy was he wrong. Instead of stepping foot in the store the boys ran away after looking for one second at the bras and underwear that were on display.

***

El fixed her hair in the mirror as the girls admired their outfits.

El wore a black jumpsuit that had colorful shapes all over it while Nikki wore a light blue dress with daisies polka dotting it. The dress had a slit in it that Nikki adored. Though it was a spaghetti strap dress that showed Nikki's scars from the demodog, she didn't care. She felt great wearing the dress and that's all she cared about.

"Come on!" El giggled, pulling them to the register to pay for the clothes.

Walking out of the gap for Nikki felt like she was a newer version of herself. Like she wasn't that girl hiding from her own fear.

Nikki looked to her right to look at El who had a bright smile on her face. El hooked her arms up with the girls as they smiled and laughed just enjoying themselves.

***

The boys found themselves in a perfume shop, testing different perfumes to see if El might like any of them.

Lucas sprayed one and smelled it. Thinking it was pretty good he tapped Mike on the arm and sprayed it. Only Mike didn't get to smell it because Lucas had gotten it in his eye, making him cry out in pain.

***

The girls decided that the next place they were going to was a place where they could get they're picture done. The girls got into silly outfits and got ready for the photos.

"That's it girls!" The photographer said getting behind the camera. "Okay, here we go."

They posed with Nikki in the middle and their hands cupping their faces as they gave a small smile to the camera.

Next photo El was in the middle and El put her arms resting on Max's shoulder as Nikki did the same to El.

"Wardrobe change, please!" The photographer smiled as the girls laughed to themselves. "Wardrobe change! Thank you!"

The girls did a quick change before getting a few more pictures done.

***

Next El dragged them to a shoe store where she saw a pair of heels she wanted to try. She put them on and grabbed on to Max and Nikki as she tried to walked in them. She ended up tripping over herself and falling to the floor, laughing. Max and Nikki helped her stand up as a few girls in the shop turned towards them, making them stop laughing. The girls rolled their eyes and turned back to their shoes, making them burst into giggles once again.

"Nikki, you try," El suppressed her giggles as she handed the girl a pair of heels that a strap for the ankle and foot.

Nikki put them on and only needed Max and El's help for the first few steps, then she got it on her own.

"Nice!" Max clapped for Nikki being able to walk into two inch heels. "Get them. They look cute with the dress."

Nikki nodded liking the shoes as the admired them in the mirror.

I really like shopping with Max, she thought as the went to the register.

***

The girls poked their head around the corner of a wall letting their gaze get set on the group of girls they saw at the shoe store. They were all talking to a guy and all seemed very interested in their conversation.

Not for long, Nikki smiled to herself as El focused on the drink in the girls hand.

With one flick of the head, the drink exploded all over the girls, making the trio laugh and run away.

"See?" Max laughed as she grabbed the girls hands. "What'd I tell you? There's more to life than stupid boys."

Unbeknownst to them as they were running away, they almost came in contact with the boys, who were sitting at the water fountain looking pretty defeated and empty handed.

"Can we play D&D now?" Will asked getting fed up with all of this girlfriend stuff.

"No," both of the boys answered in unison.

This did not ended up as well as I hoped, Lucas sighed.

Authors note
Wow, that was a long chapter to write. Sorry if this seems a little rushed I was trying to get it done for you guys and I didn't want you to wait long.

Also, something important: school is starting back up again and I'm going to be really busy this year but I still want to finish this book and all the others I have started. Just expect slower updates in the future. Thank you for understanding.

Love ya!!❤️❤️❤️