Remus: :) 

Remus: thank you

Remus: I think we're both what we both need

Sirius: :)

Sirius: i'm leaving now

Remus: can I bring Achilles and Patroclus?

Sirius: yes!!! 

Remus: okay :D

Remus: let yourself in when you get here, the doors unlocked

Sirius: I'm not being funny or anything but do you ever lock your door?

Remus: when I remember.

Sirius: what does dorcas say about that

Remus: she doesn't know, and you will not be telling her

Sirius: Roger that

Sirius opened the door to Remus' flat, he had been blushing the whole walk to Remus' place. The little talk they had made Sirius' heartbeat a little faster. Especially when he had let slip that he thinks Remus is the right one. 

When he walked in two dogs came padding over to him, barking and jumping up at him. He had always preferred dogs over cats, even though dogs were a lot louder. Sirius shut the door and bent down to pet the two of them. 

"Hi." Remus smiled, holding the basket and blanket he had mentioned to Sirius that he would be taking. Sirius smiled at him and stood up. 

"Hello, is there still space in the basket for the things I got? I'm okay with keeping them in my backpack but, you know, for the aesthetic." Sirius grinned and Remus chuckled, opening the basket. Immediately, Achilles and Patroclus were up and bouncing to try to get the food from inside. 

"Ah-ah." Remus breathed out, pushing them down lightly and holding the basket out to Sirius. 

Remus was wearing a white button-up tucked into light green trousers with the same boots he had worn for their first date. Sirius was wearing a plaid black and white skirt with a black shirt. His hair wasn't tied up but a ribbon kept it out of his face.

Sirius put the biscuits, chocolate bars, sweets and some sandwiches into the basket. Remus shut the basket again and placed the blanket and basket on his couch to get the dogs' leads.

"I would bring Mools but she doesn't like the outside, she only goes out if we're going to someone else' house." Remus mentioned, taking down the lead from the key hangers and leaning down to attach their collars to them.

"Do you want me to carry the basket and put the blanket in my backpack? So you can hold their leads." Sirius asked, watching Remus struggle to get Achilles still to attach him to the lead while Patroclus had stayed still. Remus nodded, smiling at Sirius.

Sirius took the blanket and stuffed it into his backpack. He zipped it up and took the basket. Remus stood with both dog leads in one hand. They took a denim jacket down from a hook in the corner and put it on.

"Ready?" Siruus asked. Remus smiled, taking Sirius' spare hand like it was the most normal thing in the world and opening the door with the hand that held two dog leads. Achilles and Patroclus pulled them out of the door. Remus dropped Sirius' hand to lock the door while Sirius was still in shock that Remus had touched his hand.