Chapter two | Mini skirts and crop tops

Start from the beginning

I stop. He can't be in my class. Wait, he's not here.

I hear loud running outside the door. "Here." The blue eyed boy says way out of breathe.

"You're late Jackson." "Sorry sir, i had to change my shirt."

The teacher gestures to the last seat in the class and Jackson sits in it. I hear him loudly sigh.

"Anyways class, back to the roll"

After a long hour later and a class of taking down notes the bell finally rings.

I get up and make my way to the door. I take a quick glance over to Jackson's chair to see that he is already looking at me. I smile at him but he turns away before he sees it.

Fast forward a couple more boring might I say classes and it's now lunch time. I sigh as I grab a tray.

Yuck yuck yuck yuck. How is this food even edible?

I sit down at a table by myself, as usual. I look around the cafeteria to see all the tables.

The popular kids always seem to have the most at their table, the football team sits with them and all the cheerleaders. Jackson sits there because he's the football captain.

Yes, he's the football captain, I know right, HOT. Shut up Paige, god.

I lean against my hand while shoving a fork full of who knows what into my mouth.

I look over to the popular table to see Maya sitting on Jackson's lap, i cant help but feel a bit jealous.

Oh I wish that was me.

Jackson's doesn't seem to be paying attention to Maya feeding him a fry. He seems to be thinking about something while looking in front of him.

He's hand just gentle resting on her hip, disinterested.

I wonder what he is thinking about.

I take my glance away from the table as Maya looks over her shoulder to see me sulking and she had the audacity to wipe away a fake tear. God she is so annoying. What does Jackson see in her?

Mini skirts and crop tops. That's what.

Maybe I should wear those. Yeah no. Never in a million years.

I'd much rather be able to breathe.

The bell rings and yes only one more class left before I can go home and sing to loud music in my bedroom. I get up and dump my leftover food into the trash can.

I drop a bit of tissue on the ground and go to pick it up. Somebody else picks it up instead and hands it to me.

"Here." Oh god those blue eyes.

"Umm thanks, Jackson." I say grabbing the piece of tissue gently.

He gives me a small smile before walking away.

I feel my heart jump around the place.

The last class of the day is math, my favourite. Don't ask me why, I am just a math obsessed nerd.

I sit down in the seat closet to the window, i like window seats.

The teacher walks in and begins class.

Thankfully Jackson isn't in this class so I won't be distracted.

After about 20 minutes I am done the work the teacher assigned and I look out the window.

What can I say I am a quick learn-

Oh my god.

Outside I see the football team warming up. Specifically I see Jackson warming up.

He looks so good. That's enough Paige. Stop it.

I shake my head trying to look away from the window but fail miserably. It's okay because no one else seems to be anywhere near done so I have just a few minutes.

After they finish warming up they go into some football drills. All of a sudden I see Jackson lifting his shirt up to wipe off the sweat on his forehead.

Oh my god, the abs, the six pack. When did he get that?

He never had abs when we used to be friends.

Used to. Insert sad face emoji.

He looks up and we make eye contact. Oh my god. I see his eyes go wide. I can feel my cheeks going pink.

I am blushing, god help me.

He turns away quickly and so do I. But I secretly look from the side of my eye. I can see he has looked back at me. He scratches his neck and goes back to the drills.

After the teacher goes over the answers, the bell goes.

Yes home time!!!