It must show in her face because Gelo asks, smiling, "Are you that happy?"

"This is my dream company," she tells him quietly, still looking at her ID. "Sorry, I'm just—really excited," she breathes, hiyang-hiya sa reaction niya. She puts on the ID and bites her lip, facing the doors.

Gelo's still smiling when he says, "Don't apologize. I find it endearing. Come." Pinaunahan niya ulit si Jiya na makalabas.

She holds in her gasp when an open office meets her—there are rows and rows of shelves of books that partition the desk areas, may sitting area pa sa gitna with couches and bean bags, and huge glass windows let the sunlight stream in. The staff is bustling around on their desks o kaya sa may shelves, ang iba ay pumapasok and lumalabas sa hallway papunta sa meeting rooms and coffee station, talking to each other or on the phone, or looking at the papers in hand. When Jiya raises her head, she's met with a huge staircase coming from both sides to meet at two doors in the middle. May THEO & BROM in huge blocks of letters sa harap ng staircase.

"There's a café downstairs and a library, and more conference rooms. May event space din," Gelo tells her, and Jiya can feel him staring at her face. "And up there is my office."

Jiya blinks at him, and points to the second floor. "You—alone?"

"Editor space," he says with a grin, shrugging. "You'll have the office next to me, you'll work alongside my assistant, si Claire. Pero for now..."

He walks a few steps towards a beam and raises his hand, then rings the bell hanging there.

Agad na nag-stop sa work ang mga tao and tumingin ang lahat kay Gelo. Jiya is frozen.

"Everyone, please welcome our new intern, Jiya Valle. She's starting in the next few weeks, so please do your best to make her feel welcome," Gelo says, gesturing to her, and then he starts clapping.

Pumalakpak rin ang lahat na tumitingin sa kanya, smiling at her.

Jiya blinks rapidly and swallows thickly. "Um, thank you po. I'm excited to be here."

Pagkatapos ng nakakahiyang 'yon, dinala na siya ni Gelo sa taas sa office niya.

Claire has a big desk na punong-puno ng files and papers. Even stressed, she looks presentable, still, and cheerful. She gasps when Gelo opens the door for her and Jiya steps inside.

"My intern!" she exclaims, going in for a hug. Jiya almost stumbles pero Gelo puts a hand on her back to steady her.

Jiya widens her eyes at him sa hawak sa kanya ni Claire, but he just smiles and shakes his head.

"Oh my God, you're so cute," Claire says, hands on her shoulders, eyes wide. "Please tell me you're smart and organized and competent."

"She wouldn't be here if she weren't, Claire," Gelo says, clicking his tongue.

Satisfied, she takes Jiya's hand and leads her to the table next to hers. "Hi nga pala, I'm Claire, I'm that idiot's assistant. You'll be working here, Ms...?"

"Um, hello po, I'm Jiya Valle. I'm an incoming senior from the Ateneo studying AB Lit."

"Okay, so smart!" Claire claps her hands happily. "Alam mo kasi, he can't work without me, kaya sobrang nakakapagod ang trabaho natin. Sorry na rin in advance."

Jiya looks at Gelo, uncomfortable. Hindi niya alam kung tama ba na ganito magsalita si Claire sa boss niya.

Pero mukhang sanay na si Gelo and he just rolls his eyes. "Just give her a brief rundown of her tasks and please don't say anything to scare her. I'm not a mean person, no matter what she says," sabi niya kay Jiya.