"Alright, is everyone ready?" The kids sat up a little straighter and immediately focused on the tv. I pressed play, and the beginning of Zootopia played. I then looked over to meet Mila's gaze. She had a genuine smile on her face and gave her one back. I looked down at the kids smiling too, and I couldn't be any happier than I currently am at this moment.

Mila's POV:

The kids slept with us last night, and it was great to have a family movie night—definitely a good call on my part. Having everyone close made me feel whole, and for the first time in a while, I slept extremely well. Everyone in the morning seemed well-rested. I woke up with a lot of energy and was ready to go back to work. Emma was going back to work today, so it will be good for me not to be cooped up in the house.

The whole ride to school, the kids talked about how excited they are that it's Friday. They did ask me if Asha could stay the night sometime this weekend. I told them I would have their mommy reach out to Asha's grandma and ask. I really was worried about Asha and Julia, and I truly hope they are okay. Well, as okay as they can during this situation. That reminds me I need to call my mom.

"I'll see you both after school. I love you both." They said goodbye and exchanged I love yous back to me.

I took this time while heading to work to call my mom. It was a good hour-long conversation. I just remained parked in the parking lot outside of my work and had Lori push my scheduled appointments back. Luckily this didn't affect any of my client's schedules.

My mom and I brushed over many topics—the main ones going over how everyone's doing. When I told her about the virus, she freaked out. She was a little upset that I hadn't told her about it till now. But, of course, I understood because I was upset when I found out Emma had known about it for a whole month before she told me. My mom invited herself over to the house today once I got back home with the kids. She was going to help me make homemade tamales, guacamole, and elote. I was excited, and I knew the kids would be too.

Today had gone by super fast. I was already headed to pick up the kids. On the way, I had called Emma and let her know my mom was coming over and to have her ask Julia if Asha could come over and stay the night. I soon pulled into the loop, and I'm glad I arrived five minutes early because the kids were already waiting on the curb.

"I hope you both weren't waiting long." They slid into their seats and buckled up.

"No, momma, we were only out there for maybe a minute." This brought me relief.

"Good. So, a couple of things. First, Mimi is coming over tonight, helping and staying for dinner." I heard them say yes under their breaths, and I smiled at this. They loved my mom. "Second, your mommy should be calling Asha's grandma to see if she can stay over or at least come to dinner. I can't promise that she'll be able to, though, so please don't be too upset if she can't." Aleksey nodded, and Alyx seemed a little deflated at this. I hope she can come over, but I completely understand if she can't.

"Alright, head inside and do your homework. Your Mimi should be here soon." Once I opened the door, they hurried in and headed to the table. Even if Asha couldn't come over, at least they would get to see my mom. So, at least one positive is guaranteed.

I sat at the table with the kids finishing up editing the photoshoots I did today when I heard the doorbell go off. The kids had huge smiles on their faces and shot off towards the front door. They were fighting over who got to open the door for my mom. So I decided just to do it myself.

"Hey! I wanted to do that." Both kids said at the same time. I just rolled my eyes at their antics.

"Oh, Mija. I've missed you so much." She brought me into an embrace quickly and kissed both of my cheeks.