14: Morning's are Terrible and Day Offs are Sometimes Nice

Start from the beginning

"Pancakes minus everything in normal pancakes that's animal produce. Thank you again Mrs. Sally." Sally gave Grover a small smile before placing two plates of pancakes in front of Jason and Nico. "Eat up, both of you." The two nodded and started eating the pancakes.

"So, how's Architecture at New Rome?" Asked Jason. Annabeth gave a small grin and nudged him with her elbow softly. "It's going great. Thanks for putting in the good word ex-praetor."

"No problem Annabeth." He said, grinning back. "How 'bout you Grover? How's Juniper?" Grover gave a shy smile, turning red. "It's been great! I also may have a small surprise planned for our next anniversary."

"Can you tell us what the surprise is?" Asked Percy who was carrying Estelle. "Maybe when the surprise is actually ready." Grover said, turning back to his pancakes. Percy just shrugged and put Estelle in her booster seat.

"Well, you guys got any plans today?" Asked Annabeth after they've all eaten. All five of them were just lounging about the living room. "Me and Nico had some but it wasn't exactly planned out."

Annabeth raised an eyebrow and crossed her arms. "Doesn't sound like much of a plan to me." Jason just shrugged back in response. "Let's say, hypothetically, we didn't have a plan for today. What then?" Asked Nico, moving his hair out of his eyes.

"We visit somewhere in the city, preferably a place without gadgets." Annabeth replied. "Alright then." Percy suddenly said after a minute, standing up abruptly. "What do you mean, "Alright then."?" Asked Grover.

"I thought we were visiting the city?" Percy asked, now confused. "It was a suggestion Perce, not a plan for the day." Nico said, fixing his beret. "Oh." Percy said, leaning on the couch arm.

"I know a pretty good arcade a few blocks down. We can easily get there by the bus." Percy said. "Aren't arcades dangerous to you guys?" Asked Grover, worry evident in his voice. "If they are, it'll probably just bring a few telkhines." Jason said.

"And if they bring more?" Annabeth asked, raising an eyebrow. "Well then let's just not play anything that's heavy on tech. Crane machines, air hockey, and a few others probably won't hurt." Jason said.

"Jason, I thought we were gonna research on the heroes?" Nico said, raising an eyebrow. "Heroes? You mean the mortal ones?" Annabeth asked. "Yeah those ones. Got any info on them?" Asked Jason.

"Well, I don't have much. All I know is that they saved the entirety of New York, specifically Manhattan, from an alien army and a nuke." Said Grover. They all turned to him, slightly confused. "Oh come on. I'm a satyr, I'm not unknowledgeable."

"Of course not G man! We're just confused how you know that." Percy said, coming to the defense of everyone. "I read the newspaper, obviously. To be specific, the one's Chiron gets from the mortal shop. I also asked your mom." Grover said, standing up and heading to the hallway.

"Oh. Wait, where're you going?" Percy asked. "This way is to your bathroom right? At least tell me something hasn't changed since I got back." Grover said, continuing to walk in that direction. "Place never changed Grover don't worry." Paul said from the kitchen, wiping his wet hands on a towel.

"Thanks Mr. Blofis." After Grover left eyesight, the group continued to talk. "Anyways, what's today's final plan?" Asked Nico. "The arcade sounds great." Percy said, picking his nails.

"Alright then, we just wait for Grover to get back and then we can go." Annabeth said with finality, standing up. "Sounds good to me. Nico?" Jason said, also standing up. "Yeah sure, why not." Nico said, following suit.

"Alright! Lemme just check on Grover and make sure that he doesn't get his hoof stuck in the drain again somehow."

After they regrouped, they said goodbye to Sally, Paul, and Estelle, and left for the arcade. "Anything you guys wanna try and get there?" Asked Nico, adjusting his beret. "I'm gonna try and get a frog plushie for Estelle. One of her favorite movie's Princess and the Frog so, yeah."