𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐨-

Start from the beginning

Before he even knew it, he finished eating and went to wash his bowl.

From his peripheral vision, he could see you standing by the doorway. Your (e/c) bore into his back, making him feel like he could melt at any moment.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer." Senku sarcastically remarked. He finally turned around, locking eyes with you who wore an indifferent smirk.

"What a cliché line, Ishigami." You teased, crossing your arms and making your way to the fridge.

What surprised you was how Kouji magically appeared in front of you and almost tackled you to the ground. "Hey prez! You wouldn't mind going to the convenience store for us, right?" The black haired teen practically shouted, "We ran out of popsicles!" He complained.

Remembering how you took and ate the last popsicle earlier, you decided to agree with a huff. "You didn't need to ambush me like that though, you're really heavy." You complained.

Kouji just laughed it off and looked towards Senku. "I'm sure Senku would love to accompany you. Right, Senku?" He looked towards the latter with a huge grin.

Senku, who had just finished washing his bowl, nonchalantly shrugged. "I'm fine with whatever."

Hashimo, who was watching from the sidelines, rolled his eyes and patted Senku's back. "Just go." And with that, the two of you were off to the nearest convenience store.

The walk there wasn't particularly awkward. You and Senku had known each other long enough that even the slightest bit of silence wouldn't be a bother. It was just the fact that what happened last night was still fresh in your minds.

You couldn't shake off the feeling of how butterflies filled your stomach when you saw Senku looking down on you, under the moonlight no less. The redness of your cheeks could no longer be hidden as you remember what bold moves you made last night. You didn't know where that surge of confidence came from, but it definitely left you with regret and embarrassment.

"Seems like I'm not the only one with a dirty mind." Senku teases, finally noticing your red cheeks. "Just shut up." The fuzziness of your thoughts left you with no sassy remark, making your companion snort.

Once the two males have made it to the nearest convenience store, the taller one heaved out a sigh of relief. "Hah, finally some air conditioning. The sun really has no mercy nowadays." You commented as you felt the cold air hit your face. Senku playfully rolled his eyes at your dramatics and prompted to immediately get the popsicles.

You pouted when you realized your trip to the convenience store would be cut short because of Senku taking things way too quickly. In response, you decided to bask in the air conditioning a little longer by standing directly in front of the said machine.

A blissful sigh left you as you felt the heat leave your system.

From the corner of your eye, you could see a girl somewhat struggling on her feet. Fully turning you head to her, you could see that she was having trouble reaching for a certain product located at one of the top shelves of a fridge.

Being the decent human being that you are, you decided to go and help her out. As you walk over, you can see how short the girl actually was up close.

When you looked at the product she was reaching for, you saw that it was a pack of strawberry milk.

"Let me get that for you." Your voice came out a bit deep, possibly because you were being shy. It was a small habit that you had.

When you finally look down so you could hand the girl her milk, you realized how close the proximity between you two were.

"Ah, thank you." Her voice came out as a whisper, unable to form more words as her eyes scanned the handsome male before her. A teasing smirk was plastered in your face, "Enjoy your milk. With your height, I believe you'll need lots of it." You teased, and promptly left the girl alone when you saw that she made no effort to reply.

In the sidelines, Senku saw the whole exchange.

Your face was one thing, but Senku realized that you really did have a way with words. Not only was the girl's attention caught, she was completely smitten. The young scientist did not know whether you did it on purpose or not. Either way, one thing was for sure.

Senku is jealous.

He watched as the girl fumbled with her words and thanked you again. He observed you giggling slightly at the girl's weird behavior and telling her that it was no problem at all. And he definitely watched when the girl boldly asked for your number.

You were surprised, no doubt about that. A certain crimson eyed teen crossed your mind, which made you smirk before coming up with the best reply.

"I'm sorry, miss. I don't exactly swing that way, if you know what I'm getting at." You smiled sheepishly at her.

The girl then hastily apologized, earning another laugh from you. You waved it off and she bowed numerous times before finally leaving you alone. As you watch the small girl retreat, you realize a few things.

Ever since you've gotten close to Senku, you've been a lot more honest. You didn't know if that was ever a good thing, considering how you're very much comfortable with lying through your teeth.

Nevertheless, you'd make sure to thank the young scientist. He played a part in you so called character development, after all.

"I already payed for the popsicles. Are you done flirting?" Senku asked as he walked closer to you, looking for the girl you were just conversing with a while ago.

"You mean the strawberry milk girl? Yeah, I told her I was gay."

Senku blinked in your direction, checking to see if you were lying in any way possible. Once he was sure that you were telling the truth, a chuckle escapes him, "Good." The young scientist says, seemingly in a good mood.

You raise an eyebrow at his behavior, but went along with it nonetheless. "No need to be so jealous, Senku. I assure you that you're the only one I'm interested in." You skipped ahead, snickering a bit.

The crimson eyed teen almost stumbled in his steps. Truly, he was confused. Not only was he rejected, but he was also receiving mixed signals.

Love really is such an illogical thing.

A thought crosses his mind, but he ultimately shrugs it off.

Fuck it, he's worth it.