𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰

"So, let me get this straight." Hashimo sighs as he massaged his temples.

"I'm not." The young Nanami says, earning a surprised look from both of his friends. Kouji sighs with a somewhat tired smile. "Ah, he finally admits it."

Hashimo chuckles and pats your shoulder. "We know, stop avoiding the problem."

A sheepish smile came from you as Hashimo and Kouji stared at you, wondering what they could have done to prevent all of this from happening. "Hey, it's not that bad." You trailed off, trying to look at the bright side.

"Not that bad? Your relationship with Senku is basically non-existent at this point. What do you mean it's not that bad?!" Hashimo snapped before composing himself, "(Y/n) be honest. If you liked the guy, why did you reject him?"

Your mood dampened a bit. "I can't like him."

"That's quite a vague answer." Kouji comments, raising an eyebrow.

You sigh for the nth time today. "I didn't reject him because I don't like him." You raised your head, "I'm just... not ready yet."

"Hah?!" Kouji stands up suddenly, grasping both of your shoulders. "Don't give me that bullshit. I know there's more to it than that!"

Hashimo was startled at Kouji's outburst and stood up to try and calm him down.

"Kouji is right, though." The blond says, sitting down. "If you weren't ready yet, you'd have told Senku instead of rejecting him upright."

Your lips pursed as you let out a huff. "Fine."

Hashimo tilted his head, urging you to continue.

"You guys already know my father, he's quite demanding of things from me." You started. "Our last dinner together, he told me one of our most valuable business partner's daughter is transferring here. He told me it would be in his best interest for me to befriend her."

Your friends' eyes widened as they realized where this was going. "You can't possibly be saying that you rejected him because you thought your father was trying to set up an arranged marriage, right?"

Kouji's eye twitched. "I can't deal with this shit right now..." The black-haired teen sighs.

Hashimo nudged Kouji on the side, making him yelp in response.

"(Y/n), with all due respect, you're a fucking idiot." Kouji points his finger at you accusingly. The black-haired teen rarely called you by your first name, so you knew he was being serious.

"He is. But he's our idiot, so we can't do anything about that." Hashimo adds, making you and Kouji chuckle.

A sigh left Kouji. "Fine. This is your life, prez. Whatever decision you make, We'll be here to support you and tell you how stupid your choices can be sometimes."

"Senku, are you okay?" Yuzuriha asks as she enters his bedroom followed by Taiju, who had a worried look on his face. "You haven't been doing anything science related ever since vacation started, this isn't like you."

"We're worried." Taiju adds.

The young scientist shuffled out of his bed, not bothering to fix his hair that looked like a bird's nest. "I'm fine." Senku says as he habitually stuck his pinky inside his ear. "Now that you mention it,"

He stood up and stretched. "Let's get to work. There's no use moping around like a limp cabbage."

The young scientist walked outside his room, his confident voice finally coming back. Taiju and Yuzuriha looked at each other, wondering what was Senku moping about in the first place. "I'll need you two to fetch some parts for me. I'll be waiting." The crimson eyed teen hands the girl a slip of paper as he brushed his teeth, presumably prepping for a shower.

"Copy!" Taiju responds, dragging Yuzuriha with him outside.

A small groan erupted from Senku as he plopped himself onto his bed, still not feeling any motivation.

He's said it again and again. Feelings are illogical. Yet, a small part of him longed for intimacy. It wasn't like him at all. He wasn't used to it. Love was something foreign to him until you came around. It all started with your damned teasing. He expected that it was all just fun and games to you. And he treated it as such for a while. Senku didn't expect for you to open up to him. He wasn't expecting to open up as well. He wasn't expecting to feel his heart fluttering whenever he saw that confident smirk of yours that he once deemed irritating.

And he definitely did not expect to get rejected by you. What was he even expecting? He was a nobody compared to someone like you, who was almost close to being perfect.

You were utterly confusing to him. Then again, maybe that's why he was so attracted to you. A scientist seeks to know the how's and why's after all. He wanted to understand you, to get to know you more. And when he thought he finally did, it turns out he barely scratched the surface.

An onion would be the best way to describe you. Nanami (Y/n) had multiple layers, each masking a part of himself that he seeks to hide from others. You considered them as flaws, while Senku thought of them as something special that defined yourself. Flaws are beautiful, especially when they were yours.

It hit him hard. He was really down bad for you.

But that didn't matter. You had already made your choice. You didn't like him back, and that was the end.

He wasn't going to go around trying to change your mind. It was pointless. Plus, he had better things to take care of. Things that wouldn't make his heart ache.

He felt his phone buzz and immediately grabbed it, half expecting it to be a certain (h/c) haired teen. His shoulders drooped when he saw it was Hashimo, who said sorry to him when he heard to news.

Senku left him on read as he finally entered the shower.

The water was calming. It made Senku feel as if all his worries were slowly disappearing.

Suddenly, the door to his room opened.

"Senku! We brought everything you need! What next?" Taiju's voice boomed through his room and slightly echoed once it reached the bathroom. The young scientist smirked, "Be there in a sec."

This was much better than just moping inside his room all day. Maybe this was all that he needed to finally be back to his original self again.

Science.

"This is exhilarating."