-𝚂𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚆𝚊𝚛𝚖 𝙼𝚢 𝙵𝚛𝚒𝚐𝚒𝚍 𝚂𝚘𝚞𝚕 (𝙿𝚝. 𝟷)-

Start from the beginning

I frowned, remembering another point. "And whatever you do, don't speak out of turn. No matter how unfair and cruel King Dream can be, you mustn't make a comment about his rulings. He still has the power to take back L'Manberg and slaughter us all."

Tommy crossed his arm defiantly. "I don't speak out of turn, Wilby--"

"That's another thing," I whispered sharply, cutting him off. "You must address me by King Wilbur. I--we need the respect from the court, okay? Calling me childish nicknames won't help our case."

Tommy stomped his foot. "It's not childish, Wilb--King Wilbur!" Tommy whined, raising his voice. "I'm mature! I'm the Prince of L'Manburg, remember?" He puffed out his chest, trying to prove his toughness.

I chuckled, watching Tommy try to stand on his tippy toes in a full-hearted attempt to match my height. (I wasn't sure he would get to six feet, however.) I tried to smooth his warm blonde curls back, watching them turn buttercream blonde in the blistering August sun. He tried to bat my hands away, yelling about how he could "fix his own hair."

"Whatever," I sighed, giving up. "Tighten up your mask, while you're at it."

Both of our masks were carved with a comedic smile, showing we come in peace and in high spirits. The only reason I was happy was due to the fact we were half-way done with the whole affair. Bargaining with Dream was near impossible: he was cunning and experienced. On top of that, he was one of the richest and powerful people in the SMP. He always found a way to use an agreement to his advantage and leave the poor sucker who he swindled and tricked stranded and penniless.

No matter how bold the contract was, there was always fine print.

I focused on the task ahead, ignoring the horrible thoughts of Dream making a refusable deal and, in the end, taking L'Manburg away.

Tommy and I finally reached the palace doors, meeting two half-alert guards who immediately straightened up as they saw us approach.

Their attitude changed immediately, however, when they saw who was approaching.

The first guard, mask lifted above his lips so he could speak, snickered and greeted me. "Ah, if it isn't the fierce king of L'Manburg. I'm surprised you had the guts to even set foot in the Dream Kingdom."

My tongue was ready to curse the guard with wicked words. I wanted to remind him he was nothing but a pawn to King Dream. Luckily, my common sense was stronger than my will to lash out at the ignorant guards.

"I am here on business to negotiate with King Dream," I calmly replied, trying to keep the irritation out of my tone.

The second guard snorted, lifting his mask above his mouth as well. "Not a chance. To enter, you must have a personal invite for the king."

The first guard added with a haughty tone, "And we know the king would never let such a lowly so-called king as yourself enter his castle, let alone the throne room." This comment made both men smirk triumphantly.

Every part of my body was inflamed with boiling rage. The nerve of these men! I was no minor nobility. My nation was going to be greater than anything Dream could construct! As I prepared my remark, I noticed Tommy nervously stepping back. I followed his anxious glare to his target: both of the guards. They were now giving him taunting smiles. Knowing Tommy, it would only be a matter of seconds before he either exploded or started to cry.

"And whatever you do, don't speak out of turn..."

My glare softened. By getting infuriated, I would be going against my own word to Tommy. Then what kind of role model and big brother would I be?