Time with Future Stepparent

Leonard: Leonard hugged you and kissed the top of your head. "Bye, (Y/N)! Be good. Have fun with Penny. I'll see you both at dinner." You hugged him tightly.

"Bye, Dad. I love you."

"Love you, too." You walked across the hall and knocked on Penny's door. She opened it immediately, grinning.

"You ready?" she asked. You nodded, practically vibrating from excitement. You were 100% sure Leonard was going to propose to Penny again and maybe 70% sure she'd say yes, and you wanted to get in some mother-daughter bonding time before they were off on their honeymoon. And, Leonard's birthday was coming up, so it was the perfect time to go on a mall outing.

Once you two arrived at the mall, you gripped the strap of your messenger bag nervously. You and Penny walk straight to the bookstore and enter. You pull out two copies each, one annotated and one plain, of Neverwhere, Good Omens, and Coraline and hesitate a moment. Penny nudges you forward, and you slowly walk up to Neil Gaiman. He smiles warmly at you.

"H-hello," you say. "I um... need some stuff signed please." 

"Of course." You slide him the annotated books (which you marked with some ribbon) and ask him to wish Leonard a happy birthday with the signature.

"He's my dad," you explain. He nods. You get your books signed, then you thank Neil Gaiman and run back to Penny. She grins and gives you a high five. 

"You did it!" she cheers.

"Y-yeah," you laugh. "He's going to love them.  I got three of my favorites and just... wrote what I thought and how they made me feel. We like to read together, so I thought I'd share those with him." Penny beamed and looped an arm through yours.

"Where too next?" she asked.

"Um... Michael's." You and Penny go through the different stores together, talking about school and work and Leonard. When you got home, you chattered excitedly to your dad about what a good time you had.

Sheldon: "Do you have everything you need? Waterbottle? Pepperspray? Whistle? Pajamas? Clothes for two days? School supplies? Feminine hygiene--"

"Yes! For the millionth time, yes!"

"Are you sure? I just want to make sure you'll be okay while I'm gone." You roll your eyes.

"I'm fine. Geez, you're so overprotective. I'll see you in two days."

"Alright. I love you." You jerked away from Sheldon when he reached to hug you and walked out of the apartment, ignoring the hurt look on his face. He sighed and looked at Amy. She gave him a reassuring smile.

"Don't worry. She'll come around, I promise."

"Are you sure?" Sheldon asked softly. Amy nodded.

"We always forgive our parents for minor things we view as transgressions. Remember all the times you've been mad at your mom?"

"But I'm not her--"

"You are. She just needs some time to realize that. And she will. You just need to give her that time." Sheldon sighed.

"You're right, I hope."

"I know I am. I'll see you in two days. I love you, Sheldon."

"I love you, too, Amy." They kissed goodbye, and Amy went to meet you in the parking lot. Sheldon, Howard, Raj, and Leonard were going up to Bakersfield for Comicon. In light of your recent discovery, you'd opted out of the trip, and Amy offered to babysit you while the guys were gone. Sheldon agreed, only because he trusted Amy more than anyone.