Chapter 32

As the batter walked back to the dugout disappointed he spoke to Y/N.

Batter : I'm sorry I just couldn't see the ball and I-

Y/N : It's fine, I told you it was fine if this happened. Now take a breather.

He nodded and left leaving Y/N thinking about the pitch. 112 MPH certainly was the fastest pitch in the world. And should actually be impossible. The fastest recorded pitch being 105 MPH. This would not be a problem for Y/N as he could slow his perception of time. But he had a team behind him which would aid him in victory or defeat. He walked forward and grabbed a bat and stepped up to the plate.

Itski : OH and it looks like Y/N gonna take a swing at this. Literally. What do you think Kaede?

Kaede : I can certainly say that we will see nothing short of shocking with him stepping up to the plate.

Endo had a smile on his face. A smile that Y/N shared. He stood at the plate stretching.

Endo : Showing up so early? I thought you wanted to give the people a show.

Y/N : It's always a show when I show up. Whether that be in the beginning *cracks knuckles* the middle *stretches legs* or the end.

The two of them readied for the trade. Y/N readied his eyes and the watched him like a hawk. Endo readied the pitch and then threw it. As it soared through the air Y/N hand fastened on the bat and then-

Umpire : STRIKE 1!

Miroslava : I certainly didn't expect that to happen.

Ibara : What the hell? Has he lost his touch or something?

Endo : Too scared to swing?

Y/N didn't answer. He had that look in his eye, that look of serious determination. The ball was returned to the sender and he prepared for the pitch once more. The ball was thrown and once again.

Umpire : STRIKE 2!

Terano : Perhaps he has gotten cold feet.

Yumeko, Mary and Kirari : Shut up.

The ball was thrown back to Endo and this time he seemed impatient.

Endo : So you just gonna stand there and do nothing? Is a strikeout all you want? Fine then have one!

Y/N retracted the slits from his eyes and watched as the ball flew towards him and as it came into his range. He swung the bat and barely nicked the bottom of the ball. This moved it a little bit in front of him and technically count as a hit. Though Y/N didn't make a break for it, he simply took the ball and touched it to his chest.

Y/N : I'm out.

Y/N walked to Endo and returned the ball to him.

Endo : You hit the ball?

Y/N : I told you it's always a show when I show up. Hope you're ready for a fun game.

Y/N returned to the dugout where he huddled his team together and began to speak to them. Azami was stern while Shikichi was impressed.

Shikichi : If I'm not mistaken, nobody has hit Nomura's pitch. *Smiles* Our lord certainly has the power to do anything.

Azami : That he does.

The rest of the inning continued and ended with them not getting any points.

Kaede : And with that the first inning is concluded. It certainly is a surprise to see that Y/N hasn't put any points on the board just yet. But there is still more time for an upset. This is the 1st inning of 5.