Back Row

Author note
Ah volleyball. Here's the update❤️

I watch Kuroo, Bokuto and Oikawa turn around to watch the dead serious face she has on. And I know for a fact that she isn't joking around with us.

——————
Kuroo, Bokuto, Oikawa POV
——————

Hot

——————
Your POV
——————

We are in our starting line up, and the ref tweets his whistle, signaling and opening serve from BeanPole on Kageyama's side.

I dive forward at the ball that drops a little short, and send it towards Oikawa who makes a perfect set to Iwaizumi. Iwa, smashes the ball through Hinata's block and earns us the first point of the game.

Time skip brought to you by the fact that I'm not gonna write out a whole volleyball game because you don't wanna read that and I don't want to write that.

After a while, the game is 20 - 18, Kageyama is barely keeping up with my team, but we have a little issue going on...

"WHAT WAS THAT?!? ARE YOU BLIND?!?" Kuroo yells at Oikawa after the set that Oikawa gives him.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN AM I BLIND? THAT SET WAS GREAT! I SET YOU UP PERFECTLY!"

"WHY AREN'T YOU SETTING ME UP MORE!!" Bokuto joins in on the yelling.

I look at Daichi and Akaashi. Then over to my players that are next to Nekomata. I raise an eyebrow at the boys bickering in front of me and clear my throat a little before walking up to them.

I grab Rooster-Head by the hair, grab Owl-Boy by the shirt and stomp my shoe onto Oinkawa's and look them dead in the eyes.

"I'm gonna say this one time so we are clear. I'm not gonna have this $&@# from you guys. I won't tolerate your stupid competitions on this court. You can do that kind of crap with your own team, but when I'm the captain of this court I'm not gonna deal with it. You will be benched if I hear anymore of this. Do I make myself clear?"

All three boys mumbled "yes".

"Good, now get your $@&% together and play like a team. Because right now, we are one."

I let go of them and walked back to my position on the court and I realized that nobody was talking at all. It was dead silent.

I looked over to Nekomata who just smirked at me and nodded his head, which made me smile a bit. Good to know that he's proud.

The ref looked at me impressed that I had the guts to  yell at three guys who were almost twice my height and I nodded back at him to resume the game.

Timeskip

It was now 24 - 25 my team being behind, after each of us winning two of fives sets. It all came down to this.

I had set Tendou up to mark Orange-Sunshine over there and let Kuroo stay in to guard the back row. I was a little nervous about leaving it up to my back row without me but I trusted the team I put together.

Noya barrel rolled and yelled out something weird. It sounded like "rollllllllingggggg thundaaaaaa" but I'm not totally sure what he said so don't quote me on that.

Kageyama sent one of those crazy sets over to Sunshine who Tendou marked, but when Tendou guess blocked, Hinata fooled him and delayed his jump, jumping out the opposite way that Tendou did. My eyes widened as Hinata made contact with the ball sending it to Kuroo. I saw Kuroo dive forward towards the ball as it bounced off his arms but went flying behind him.

Daichi followed it all the way to the wall and dove for it, ultimately missing, giving the other team the last point that they needed.

Kageyama's team celebrated as I ran over to Kuroo who looked defeated, with his head down towards the ground.

"Hey y/n listen-" he began, but I cut him off by giving him a hug.

"It's okay Kuroo. You did amazing." I knew that even though these games weren't official, and really didn't matter, he still felt like he let me down when I let him cover back row for me.