It was the costumes of every member of the Howling Commandos. Steve was in the middle, and James was to his right. Marlene's midnight blue-clad replica was to Steve's left. 

"Battle-tested, Captain America and his Howling Commandos quickly earned their stripes," the narrator declared. "Their mission, raking down Hydra, the Nazi rogue science division."

Marlene almost didn't move on. She didn't want to. She wanted to relive those memories, the memories of her family. But she did move on . . . physically and mentally. 

"Best friends since childhood," Marlene looked up to be met with a photo of the man she had fallen head over heels for. "Bucky Barnes and Steve Rogers were inseparable on both schoolyard and battlefield. Barnes is the only Howling Commando to give his life in service of his country."

Marlene watched as a small video montage played. She watched as Steve and Bucky laughed without a care in the world. She watched as they glanced down at a map, preparing for their next attack. She watched as Steve elbowed his best friend in the rib, catching him starring longingly in a distance. Steve seemed exasperated about his friend's actions as he rolled his eyes and glared softly. 

"Steven Rogers wasn't the only Rogers to have lost Barnes on that fateful mission," the narrator said as photos flashed across the screen. There was a photo of Marlene and James dancing that night in the pub. Another photo showed the two of them standing side by side with their arms crossed as they examined a map. "Marlene Rogers and Barnes were rumored to be engaged before his death. Not much was known about their relationship due to their wishes for privacy."

"Come on, Marls," Steve whispered, gently directing his sister towards the next exhibit. "You're gonna want to see this."

While both previous exhibits caused Marlene to want to stay there for the rest of her life, the one of James had a certain pull to it. It was certainly stronger than the other one. It was like her feet were glued to the ground as her mind shuffled through the millions of memories the photos brought up. 

It wasn't until Steve gently tapped her shoulder was she brought back to reality. When she turned back to him, she found a sympathetic smile across his face. 

The next exhibit was more of a shock to Marlene. She was greeted by a statue of herself. A statue Howard Stark designed himself. She was in her "super suit". While you couldn't see the midnight blue seeing as it was made of iron, you could see the minor details that made Marlene who she was. Most of the statue's weight was on her right leg as she leaned to the side. The statue's hair was pulled back into a ponytail, being secured by a distinguished ribbon. Statue Marlene's arms were crossed with a smirk playing on her lips. 

Photos of Marlene and videos were being played. There was a fighting montage of her in fights. She wasn't sure how they got them, but they were there. 

"Marlene Sarah Rogers is the younger sister to Captain America," the narrator began. "She stepped out of the shadow cast by her brother and forged a path of the own. Working for Colonel Phillips in the early forties, she was at high risk. She worked alongside the Howling Commandos, quickly earning their respect after assisting her brother in helping to save them."

Marlene followed Steve into one of the viewing rooms. A film called The Midnight Fox was playing. 

"What is a Midnight Fox?" a narrator spoke. "That's the wrong question. It should be, 'Who is the Midnight Fox?'"

Marlene, in all honesty, wasn't paying too much attention. She was still trying to wrap her mind around the fact she had an entire exhibit at the Smithsonian. She was important enough for the world to remember, and that was mind-blowing enough as it was. 

"You wanna know about the Fox?" Dugan's face came up on the screen. "She had more bravery than most men I know. She had the guts to do what needed to be done. She was cunning and sly, hence her name. She was . . . well, she was impressive. She was, after all, Marlene Rogers."

Time after time, she watched as more familiar faces appeared on the screen. 

"I only worked with Rogers for a few short months," Jack Thompson declared as he adjusted in his chair. "Our first mission was in Russia. Mind you, at this point, I've only heard rumors about her. I don't remember what I was expecting, but when I met her, she was relaxed. She was easy-going. She was one of those people that radiated confidence. She was someone that walked over the rumors like they meant nothing to her. She was someone that threw all of your expectations out of the window."

"She was one of few people that didn't treat me like an injured animal," Daniel Sousa's kind face appeared on the screen. "She never looked down on me for having a limp. She, if anything, made me believe in myself."

"Marlene Rogers is not a name that is unheard of in today's world," Peggy said. "I knew her back when she was nothing more than a young girl boycotting dresses. I knew her back when she was someone no one knew. All her life, Marlene wanted to make a difference in the world. I'd like to think she's watching with pride and happiness, seeing she finally made the mark she wanted to."

Howard Stark, one of the few people Marlene thought for sure would appear on the screen, hadn't. It wasn't until she saw who directed and produced the movie, did she understand why. 

"I used to come here every other day," Steve told his sister as they made their way to an old cafe. "I'd just sit in front of your statue. I'd watch the recordings and listen to the very voice recording they had. It didn't matter if I memorized it or not. This is where I came to reset. This is where I came to relax."

"You're a big sap, brother," Marlene joked despite knowing she'll probably do the exact same from time to time. 

"Perhaps," Steve chuckled smoothly. "But you love me anyway."

"I mean . . . are we sure?" Marlene made a face; drawing up her eyebrows and scrunching her nose. 

"Sometimes, I wish you stayed in London," Steve laughed, using his sister's head as an armrest. 

"And I always wish you didn't take the super drug," Marlene grumbled, swatting her brother's arm away.