She was my only friend after Oscar's accident. It was funny because, before the accident, we were both pretty normal. But after, she became a 'Goth' like me, but not a proper one. She just dressed in black and was a bitch when she was standing up for me. I smiled weakly at her,

"Hey." Ellen kept her face void of emotion, as usual. She kept a stone face in order to keep up the Goth act. I found it quite funny, but I didn't have the energy to laugh at it.

"Hi. What's going on?" I frowned. Did she hear the yelling? Possibly, she only lived across the street.

"Oscar's sick again." Ellen sighed. I guess having a best friend you can trust everything too had its negatives— because well— she knew everything.

"Oh Felix, you know it wasn't your fault." She knew I blamed myself for the accident. Well, who else was I going to blame? I sighed and turned away, starting on the way to school.

"Come on Ellen, or we'll be late." She nodded, standing up from her seat in the gutter, and dusting herself off.

"So how are you?" I inquired. Ellen shrugged,

"Fine, I guess. I just feel like today's going to be weird." I frowned. I wonder if that's what I am feeling? I honestly can't trust emotions anymore, too annoying.

"Really? I think so too." I muttered the last few words confused and quietly, causing Ellen to look at me quizzically,

"What?" I sighed before lightly speeding up. I need to drop these thoughts, they aren't normal. Wait, what is normal? My brain suddenly sped up and I came across a quote I saw on the internet once.

'Normal is a setting on a washing machine— no one wants to be a washing machine.' I frowned, maybe I want to be a washing machine. I clicked my tongue, yeah right— me normal? Never.

"It's nothing. How do you think things will go down once we get to school?" Ellen let out a dry laugh,

"Seriously?" I shrugged at her, curious about her answer. "Maybe Jake, Trent and Dylan won't bully us today." I let out a bitter laugh and scoffed. Those three were our resident bullies, and the main tormenter was Jake Riles, the captain of the football club. The class failure yet amazing sports player, but also the biggest bully in the school, his favourite subject— me.

"Yeah right, we may wish that might happen. Never will, jerks don't change. Especially, Jake, he is just— too much of a jerk to be able to be nice. Have you ever, seen Jake be nice to anyone? Even Trent or Dylan, because I have never seen it," Ellen thought about it for a moment, and when she realised that I was right, she sighed. Jake was ruthless, and he would do anything to get his way.

"I hate it when you're right." I smiled brightly at her. Well, tried too. I was really tired. How much sleep did I get last night? When I had last checked the time it was four in the morning, and now it was near eight thirty, so about four hours at least. Maybe I can make it through the day peacefully.

"You know you love it," Ellen smiled back at me. Ellen was great, no matter what the circumstances, she always tried to match her mood to mine, but sometimes she had to be brutal and honest, mainly when I was being stupid.

"Yeah I guess—" she stopped talking for a moment, "— Come on we're almost at school," I sighed and wiped the smile from my face. Ellen did the same. As we approached the school, the feeling I had woken up with this morning returned. But it was worse, I suddenly felt like vomiting. Thank god there was nothing in my stomach. I gulped and looked to Ellen, her face indifferent. Out of fear, my head lifted to take a look around.

Over on the footy pitch were a few guys messing about with each other, and girls talking in groups around the pitch. I rolled my eyes at the cliché part of that and moved on surveying the rest of school. Everything else seemed normal, by that I meant Jake and his gang were heading in this direction. My eyes widened and I nudged Ellen,