Chapter 98 - I have finally found you

Start from the beginning

Xia answered, "Yes, it takes a lot of will, courage and power because it hurts when your scales grow on your skin. Although dragons who can transform are powerful enough to endure it, those without royal blood will die."

All three of them looked at Reginald and the giant dragon looked at them as he pointed his head toward his back, telling them to hop on him.

"That subject can wait for now," Sakina announced, "Right now we need to enter the flying castle. We got our ride."

Seraphina and Xia nodded as Reginald lowered to the ground so they could sit on him. As they took their places, Seraphina's heart sped as Reginald spread his wings and thrust the gravity to lift himself.

Seraphina's breath caught in her throat as the dragon flapped his powerful wings and flew to the sky where the flying castle was. It was time to save her dear husband.

A scream erupted from Seraphina's mouth as Reginald dragged up and thrusting wind it dived on the air but as there was nothing but the pointed spikes to hold on his horn-like neck, she held Sakina, who sat before her like a barnacle on a sea turtle's shell.

"Would you just stop screaming in my ear and not let the enemies know of our arrival?" Sakina screamed her lungs out because it was hard to talk as wind cut them like a bunch of blades in the air.

A water arrow just went past them and missed Xia by just a meter. They stopped for a moment and looked up at the castle and saw there was a large number of wizards standing on the edge of the castle, ready to pounce on them with their magic.

"Err... They already know..." Seraphina noted.

"Of course they would know! You were screaming like a maniac!" Sakina shouted.

"You both..." Xia said with gritted teeth who held Seraphina tightly as if her life depended on her--well, her life certainly depended on Seraphina because the scales were so slippery that she would fall any moment if she hadn't glued on Seraphina. She shouted, "You both were screaming like maniacs!"

Reginald-now-turned-dragon pitched and rolled as another series of arrows, fire balls and weapons came toward them as all three of his riders screamed their lungs out while they desperately hung on him trying to pry their loose.

"I'm never riding dragons next time!" Seraphina and Sakina both shouted together.

"What! I thought you were Dragonborns!" Seraphina said.

"That doesn't mean we ride dragons!"

They all screamed again as Reginald kept avoiding the dark guild wizards' attacks and he breathed fire at them as they neared the castle while his riders kept pushing up, down and sideways. All through the ride, Seraphina's heart leapt through round and round and she felt it could come out through her mouth.

Reginald split fire at the wizards and clawed on some as some of them fell from the flying castle. His sharp senses made him evade all of the attacks they were throwing at them but one bolt of lightning caught him as he fell toward the castle yard along with Seraphina and the two dragon princesses.

The bolt struck one of his wings as the dark guild wizards cheered with joy. Reginald lost his balance and the wizards saw it was a good chance so they sent their attacks on him as he collided with a side of the castle. One side of the castle broke into pieces as Seraphina and the princess yanked back but they managed to hold Reginald's back as he fell and they landed finally on the ground.

Seraphina, Xia and Sakina came down immediately as Xia felt nausea while Seraphina took long breaths to calm her heart.

"Oh, the ground!" She cried with joy but the joy didn't last long as the wizards arrived there. Xia took out her bow and kept firing at them while Sakina brought out her daggers. The three women surrounded the wounded dragon while protecting him from the incoming attacks.

Reginald didn't waste any time on his recovery as he stood up and breathed fire on the wizards with a raging roar till they burnt to ashes.

His deafening roar echoed through the vicinity as he kept attacking in his dragon form. Although he was unable to stand properly, he kept flapping his wings as a result, some wizards sent flying back while Xia narrowed them down.

"Seraphina!" Sakina called her out as she brought out her daggers and fought with the wizards.

Seraphina moved her head but a wizard came and she punched him in his gut. "What?"

"Go look for Demian while we keep them away." Sakina said as she huffed, "We don't have time. Reginald is injured and we need to go back before he can't fly again."

Seraphina nodded as she left them.

****

In a dark room, Demian opened his eyes as his unmoving body was on fire. His rapid breathing made it hard for him to understand anything around him. He can faintly hear some commotion outside but as he was jumping back and forth between consciousness and unconsciousness, he felt it was futile to think. He wanted to see Seraphina but he could not even move and even when he fell unconscious his mind was occupied by only one person, the red haired girl.

He moved his eyes but didn't understand if he had become blind or he was in a chamber. It might be possible if the curse had devoured him already because he could not even feel the burns on his skin anymore. He could not sense his touch with his fingers or smell anything. Was he even alive?

He scoffed but could not even hear his own voice. So the curse had taken me entirely, he taught. He felt numb but he still wanted to feel Seraphina's hands on him. He just wanted to see her once. Just once...

And slowly he succumbed to the darkness believing it might be the end of him into the darkness. All alone.

So, I can't even see her now... Seraphina's smile was the last thing that appeared on his mind and he felt peaceful. Maybe, now it was the time for him to see his end...

"Demian!"

"Demian!"

"Demian!"

Demian's eye lids opened on their own as he heard Seraphina's voice and as he moved his head to the light, he saw Seraphina. Was he dreaming?

"Oh my god! Demian!" Seraphina stood at the door and breathed heavily and as soon as her eyes fell on him, she ran toward him with tears streaming from her eyes.

She sat on the floor as her sword rested beside her and she embraced Demian in her arms, crying, "I have finally found you."