𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐔𝐒 𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐄

trained assassin —— chapter iiii

———————————————————

———— "HAND ME YOUR CLEARANCE." The guard said in Spanish.

"Okay, hold on." The driver replied.

The man got out his paperwork searching through it. He looked around him out of the windows and the guard grew suspicious. "Are you looking for someone?" He asked.

"No, I'm not, just... Give me a second..."

"Where are you coming from?"

"Well, how can I explain this? I..." He cleared his throat growing nervous, "One second... Well, let's see..."

Another guard pounded on the window, "Open up, now! What do you have in there? Get out of the bus! NOW!"

"Please let me..."

The guards suddenly fell one by one. A guard was shot in the head and his blood splattered on the window. "Nom Nom." said Nanaue as he ate one of the guards.

Bloodsport knocked on the bus window, startling the driver, getting his attention. "Are you Milton?" He asked.

The driver nodded, teary eyed at what he just witnessed, "Si."

———————————————————

——— SOL SORIA GATHERED THE GROUP. "Milton will drive you through town and to La Gatita Amable. There are clothes in the boxes for all of you so you can blend in. That said, the walking tiburon is gonna have to stay out of sight."

She handed all of them one box. And they all placed them in the bus. Cleo tried on a pair of glasses shaped like stars.

"I wear disguise." said Nanaue. "Oh, you're going to wear a disguise?" asked Cleo.

"Si."

"Hey, he's learnin' Spanish." Peacemaker commented. "And what kind of disguise?" asked Cleo once more. "Fake mustache." said Nanaue.

"Yeah, fake mustache isn't gonna cut it, mate." said Bloodsport hauling the box into the back of the bus.

"Let him live, BS." said Jackie helping store the boxes.

"BS?"

"Yeah. For Bloodsport."

"Jesus, woman."

Jackie chuckled.

———————————————————

——— SOL SORIA SAT ACROSS FROM FLAG, gathering everything they needed.

"There's gonna be a lot of soldiers watching Jotunheim. If they discover us there..." He said.

"Let's pray they do not, or you will all be dead." She responded.

"If they do, that'll leave the palace vulnerable. Luna and the other generals will be left without protection." He looked up at her.

There was a short moment of silence.

"You're a good man, Colonel Flag."

He smiled at her.

———————————————————

———— NANAUE CAME UP BEHIND BLOODSPORT with his finger, acting as a fake mustache disguise. "You still look exactly like yourself." Bloodsport said.

"That's the worst fake mustache I've ever seen." Peacemaker said, walking past.

"And if you had fooled us, we'd have to kill you, shark-shaped bloke with a moustache creeping up on us like that."

"Fuck!" shouted Nanaue, storming away.

"Did the shark just say fuck?" asked Jackie.

"I think he did." said Cleo, snickering quietly.

Bloodsport looked over at her and laughed along.

Sebastian was sitting in Cleo's backpack, still trying to be polite to Bloodsport.

"Aw. He always wants to be near you. I think he senses good in you." said Cleo.

"Yeah, there's no good in me." He finally said before shutting the back door.

———————————————————

———— "SO DO WE LIKE... change in the bus or...?" asked Jackie.

"Change wherever." Flag said.

Jackie sucked her teeth. Flag caught it but rolled his eyes. Jackie caught that and walked into a corner to change.

She slid off her jacket and tank top leaving her bra. Flag couldn't help but look. Little did he know this was all apart of her plan.

She took off her pants and shoes and put on a loose black dress, a red jacket and some boots. She turned and Rick was gone. Shit. She picked up her gear from the ground and boarded the bus. She sat in an empty seat across from Cleo and they were on their way.

———————————————————

———— "WALLER COME IN." "Waller, do you copy?" "Waller." "Fucks sake."

"Task Force X."

"Waller."

"You there? The military must have put signal jammers around the city. Your comms are down, but we can still activate the bombs, not to mention what will happen to your daughter. So, no funny business. Do you copy, DuBois?"

"Copy." said Bloodsport before he mouthed 'Fuck you.'

Jackie stared out the window majority of the ride. Deep in her thoughts. About Flag, about the mission, about life all together. She took a few glances at him. They made eye contact for a few seconds. Just staring at each other.

Cleo stared at Bloodsport for a moment until he finally caught on. "What?" He asked.

"Why are you so afraid of rats?"

"Why are you so in love with them, Ratcatcher 2? You know what I think? I think you have a serious case of daddy issues."

"I have no issues with how much I loved my father." She crossed her arms and stared back out the window.

"Although he was a genius... we lived homeless in the streets of Portugal 'cause of his... burdens. He built the machines I employ today... and taught me the secrets of calling the rats."

"They brought us trinkets to live on. And they kept us warm at night, when we would have frozen. But eventually..." Cleo started to tear up, "My father's burdens became too heavy to carry. I took his machinery and came to America. That is the dream, right? But I was arrested for armed bank robbery, do you believe it? The state considered the rats a weapon."

She stared back at Bloodsport who was staring at her, "What?"

"You remind me of my daughter, the reason I'm here."

"Why are you so afraid of rats?"

"My old man. When I was a lad, if I didn't finish a task right, he would dole out the punishment. And one day, he just locked me in a crate for 24 hours. And it was full of starvin' rats." He said.

"As imperfect my father was... he loved me. I wish I could give that to you." She responded.

"Don't you worry, yeah? I'm gonna get you out of here alive."

"I'm going to get you out of here alive." Cleo promised.