"Got it. How's it going over there?"

"Mmmm," she hums sarcastically, "splendid. We're about to head over to the venue and drop off tons of stuff, so at least all of that will be ready to go."

"Call us if you need anything?"

"Mhmm, same here. Oh, are you excited for tonight?" She chuckles.

Yes, the old favored tradition of bachelor/bachelorette parties is tonight. Neither group is doing anything crazy, the girls are staying in and having wine night and us boys are just going out to the pub for a few hours. Neither Zayn nor Addison wanted anything huge or elaborate, so as a result we're all planning on consuming copious amounts of alcohol in celebration.

"Totally. Where are you guys gonna be again?"

"One of the bridesmaids is hosting it. Thank god, because if I had to plan and host that on top of everything else you would have had to talk me down from jumping off a cliff."

"Even if you did I'm sure it would be lovely."

"You give me too much credit. Now finish your shopping and see if you can make it back in time to meet us at the hotel."

"Yes ma'am."

We hang up shortly after and Hayden speaks up.

"No books?"

"No books."

***

Hayden and I spent about another twenty minutes making our way through the aisles and picking up everything we needed, and thankfully we were able to skip about half of the absurd things on the checklist.

We met up with Zayn and double checked that we were ready to go before paying, and then spent another five minutes at the car trying to squeeze everything in the boot neatly without smushing anything.

Zayn drove us all over to the hotel to drop half the stuff off, and we were able to meet up with the girls and help them out.

"You're about to-"

"God, ow!"

"-ram into the wall. I told you to pivot!"

"This is not the time for a Friends reference!"

"I'm just say-"

"Just hurry, my arms are going numb." Lainey says, watching herself as she steps backwards and pushes her back against the glass door of the giant reception room.

We just carried a box of plates up three floors- yes, we were standing in the lift for most of it, but we were still holding it-and it's heavy.

We both grunt as we lift and place the box on the first table we see.

"We don't have to like, set these up, right?" Please say no.

"Hell no." Thank god. "People are coming on Saturday to do all that."

The door opens again and Miles and Hayden make their way into the room with the second box.

Yes, Miles was also recruited. Addison recruited Eden, who recruited Cassie, who recruited Miles. This family is one big domino effect; everybody is involved in everything somehow. Thankfully, many hands make light work. Kind of. 

Above us is the roof of the hotel building where the reception is being held. All of the supplies that are going to be waiting to be set up in the room we're in right now, just one ten second ride in the lift from the roof. We were told to keep everything in here to keep it safe and incase of unpredictable weather, which makes sense.