Chapter 53

Accalia

It's crazy being inside your own head. Everything seems so peaceful and worry-free. That is until I close my eyes and the man comes back to haunt me. How long have I been here inside my own head? It could've been years for all I know, though that's okay. Sometimes sleep is good, even if the man does come, I know I can just wake up and he disappears again. That scent keeps coming back too, I keep getting a whiff of that scent and by the Moon Goddess, I want more of it.

When I woke up the sun was bright and I blinked sleepily, I wasn't inside my own head anymore. I inhaled slowly, feeling someone underneath my head. Where the fuck was I? I tried not to move but caught the scent immediately; Alpha Lupus. He came for me. I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him tightly, startling him awake

"Ace? Are you okay? What's wrong? It's me, Ethan." He peered down at me from my position on his chest and I laughed quietly, the sound foreign as it escaped past my lips

"You actually came for me. You found me and brought me home... From him... In New Orleans... Where he..." As I spoke the memories started coming back like poison seeping into my bloodstream, clouding my vision and my breathing increased. What if he found me again? I'd never survive another round of his torture, and my inner wolf had decided to stay for now but how long until I lost her completely? I think Ethan was speaking but I couldn't hear him, my ex-mate's words in my head instead and I moved away from where the Alpha lay, sitting up and rocking myself back and forth. "He's going to come and get me... I'm going to die... He'll kill me..." I questioned what was real, and everything felt alien to me now I sat on the bed. In the background, I could feel someone touching me and I flinched away from the touch, my inner wolf instantly recognising that I was back in danger again. When the person in the room tried to touch me I scrambled away from them on the bed and fell into the wall, collapsing against it because my vision was hazy and I felt disoriented.

"Ace? By the Moon Goddess stay still for a minute. I promise you, trust me on this." The voice broke through the cloud in my mind and I listened, trusting that I felt strong enough to fight back if I had to. I closed my eyes tightly and struggled to inhale, my throat closing up and lungs working overtime to keep me alive. When the person wrapped their arms around me I froze and tensed up. "Trust me on this one Ace, I need you to trust me." I nodded quickly and allowed myself to be placed on the lap of the person. I still couldn't breathe and wondered if Z'ev had something to do with it.

"What has he done to me? Why can't I breathe?" I choked out in between breaths, allowing myself to be held by the person as I kept my eyes closed, not prepared to face him again. "He's going to hurt me when he finds me... What if he finds me-" The person rocked me back and forth but it wasn't helping, and tears slipped from my closed eyelids as the weight of everything crashed down onto me

"Princess it's just you and me. We're in Salt Lake City, and that asshole is far away from you, Leon has him locked up. He can't hurt you anymore princess, I promise." The nickname cleared some of the fog in my brain and I recognised the scent immediately, feeling foolish that within a matter of minutes I'd forgotten who my saviour was, again.

"Ethan I can't breathe... I don't want to die yet..." I whimpered, burrowing my head into his chest and soaking it with the tears that continued streaming. When was the last time I cried? It was recently, during the torture but I quickly learned to stop; Z'ev doesn't like weakness.

"Princess, look at me. I need you to look into my eyes, okay? And trust me." I kept hearing that phrase, though I couldn't work out why. He saved me, why wouldn't I trust him? I met those startling hazel eyes I loved, and my inner wolf jumped to attention, filling me with emotions I didn't have the strength to process. Ethan mimed taking deep breaths like last time and I copied, but it didn't benefit me as history showed because I got more overwhelmed. I shook my head violently and the Alpha shook his head, before taking my face in his hands. I stilled immediately, watching intently to see what was happening. "Close your eyes princess, and relax for me. You trust me, right?" I nodded quickly and closed my eyes, completely unprepared for the feeling of his lips on mine after what felt like years of being away from them. I had forgotten how it felt to have a wolf inside of you that has her own emotions, though if this kiss was anything to go by I'd have to get used to it quickly.