Crown

My heart is mayhem
But I love it
We are finally perfect
The two of us, us, us

Hanlim University, 2021

Jiwon let out a deep sigh while exiting the class after her boring Chemistry lecture ended. She could finally ease herself after hours of being glued to the bench and trying to decipher whatever the professor was talking about.

She made her way to the modest but well-appointed art building, which was not very far from her own department. Being an Engineering student was tiring, but entering this whole different atmosphere gave her some peace of mind. She was a person who knew how to appreciate any form of art.

Her closest friend was a Foreign Language major and had most of her classes in the art wing. Jiwon knew her friend's English class had ended but she was nowhere in sight. However Jiwon wasn't surprised because she knew exactly where she would find her.

She made her way out, towards the gymnasium. She finally saw her friend, Nari, peering inside the huge practice room where the dance students practiced.

Nari was lost as she gazed at the guy in pink hair adorning a half ponytail. She admired how his lean and toned body synchronised with every beat like the music was made for him.

The song ended and the students huffed, catching their breaths. Nari, whose eyes were still fixed on the pink-haired guy, was startled by a pat on her shoulder.

"Unnie," chuckled Jiwon, "You always get startled."

"I'm sorry," laughed Nari, "I always get so immersed in him,"

"He is one of the best dancers, isn't he?"

"He is amazing," praised Nari, "He can ace any dance style and the way his body moves.... Damn."

"You're completely whipped for him."

Right at that moment, a boy with golden locks gazed at the door from inside the room, his twinkling eyes met with Nari's and he gave her a warm smile as well as a slight wave. She giggled at their eye contact and waved back.

"Lee Felix looks great in blond hair," remarked Nari, "Not to mention his turquoise hair during the Dance Racha performance was iconic as well."

"What a cheater!" teased Jiwon, as she laughed at Nari's admiration for the Dance majors.

"What?" laughed Nari, "He is a nice guy and a great dancer too...but as you know my heart only belongs to one."

"Choi Yeonjun," chimed Jiwon, glancing at him, "You still haven't spoken to him?"

"No way! I'd rather admire him from afar."

"Why? If you want, I can speak with Beomgyu. He is a Music Production major and is close friends with Choi Yeonjun. Maybe he could talk to him for you," suggested Jiwon, but Nari shook her head.

"No. That would be so embarrassing. I don't even know if he likes me. He once smiled at me but I chickened out."

"Don't worry about that, Unnie. I'm sure you'll have more chances."

"Yeah I guess you're right. Shall we go now? If I stand here any longer, I'll look like a stalker."

"You already do," teased Jiwon, as she laughed at her friend.