Chapter 96 - Reginald, the strategist

Start from the beginning

"So, I guess, we are clear to kill that guard of her, eh?"

"Of course." The man smiled as he spread out his hand at Reginald and struck them with another lightning bolt. Both Reginald and Xie jumped as the lightning struck there and they avoided it by a mere seconds.

They were powerful but Reginald wasn't worried as he had fought with them before while he went with Prince Demian and Princess Seraphina.

"Deniz, my man, you are going to kill both of them at this rate." The man came out fully from the alley and pouted, "I wouldn't have an opportunity to kill at least one."

Deniz, the man who stood on the roof laughed and mocked, "Like you can kill them before me, Uraha..."

Uraha took off his long white robe which had dust on it and threw it to the side as he revealed a large scythe. "Well, let's see who can get the guard fast."

He moved the skythe two times in his hands probably showing off flexibility and he charged on Reginald faster before anyone could blink while Deniz again summoned a lightning bolt. But Reginald had eyes like a hawk and his high senses made him see and act before the scythe and the bolt could hit him. He avoided them again, taking Xia with him.

"My, my, that's some worthy guard to protect the flame queen." Deniz mocked as he crossed his hands above his chest.

Uraha striked at him with his scythe as Reginald held it with his small knife barely managing to save himself and the disguised Xia from a deadly cut. The wizard was powerful and he could sense it but that Uraha wasn't using his powers instead he was only using his weapon. Was his weapon a prime object of his powers?

Reginald pushed the skythe back and launched an attack but Deniz sent another bolt in his direction which made him move backward instead. It was a pain in the arse as he could not fully charge on them and he looked back at Xia and asked, "Do you care to take one of them?"

"Eh~ why? I thought you could manage to protect me, my precious guard." Xia mocked and feigned as if she was a delicate princess who can't even hold a knife.

Reginald gave her a blank face and said, "Of course, Princess." And he grabbed Xia by her robe's neck and sent her flying at the lightning guy, Deniz.

Xia screamed as she went flying at Deniz and as she collided with him, both of them fell from the roof and Xia landed on the poor man. The lightning man was already unconscious by the time Xia started to yell at Reginald. "You son of a..."

"Now, it's good," Reginald said as now he could focus on the scythe wielding wizard.

Uraha was watching the scene with a shocked expression as he asked, "Err... Aren't you a guard who was protecting the Flame Queen?" How could a guard treat his princes that way?

"Yes, I am." Reginald answered with a stoic face as Uraha looked at the furious lady who still sat on top of his unconscious companion and gave the guard some colorful words.

"And you are surrounded, by the way," Reginald said as Uraha followed the guard's eyes and saw another female along with a guard came out from a different alley. Both of them looked like they were ready to crack some nuts and he knew it wasn't a wise decision to fight all of them together.

Especially when his powers haven't been activated yet. He came with Deniz in Foyed for some trade business that his master was doing with a new dark guild and they were tasked to do a deal which would benefit his master but they sensed the enemy and went to them instead.

Businesses can be done later but the Dragons knowing about them was a pretty bad thing. He looked at Deniz and he felt pity as Deniz was the second strongest wizard in the guild yet he was defeated easily.

That meant the enemy came prepared and not to mention, if the flame queen was here then who was the one they had captured as Flame Queen from the ruins?

Uraha calculated his chances of survival in his head and he could see it wasn't easy so he chose another plan. It was to go back to their hiding point. And he needed to warn his master about the disguised flame queen that they had captured because the real one was currently lashing out on her guard.

But first, he needed to mislead them otherwise they could end up in their hiding base. So he attacked the other female who wore a princess cloth and the guard came immediately in her protection but Uraha was a weapon master. He couldn't be easily defeated as he swung his skythe and it clanged with the guard's sword.

And immediately he moved back as the other guy came as well. He was a dangerous one. If he could throw his own princess to defeat an enemy then he can be deadly.

Uraha saw the flame queen was still growling and yelling although her eyes stayed on him but her guard was on the other side with the new two companions so it was a good opportunity to mislead them.

He went at a lightning speed toward the flame queen and he swung his scythe but it never reached the flame queen as she jumped from there and joined her group.

He smiled. It was exactly what he wanted. He wanted the flame queen to move so he could take Deniz. He could have left the man but Deniz held too many secrets of their dark guild and if he had to leave him, he could have killed him but Deniz was a very powerful wizard and a very important person for the guild. He can't leave him, at least he could get a reward for saving their secret information from leaking.

"Well, I had a good time," Uraha said as he took an arm of Deniz and wrapped it around his neck as he took him. "But now, I have to leave since there are other businesses to take care of."

And he vanished in a flash.

Although Uraha thought he had misled the dragon group he didn't know that it was the trap that Reginald set up before coming here.

****

"What now?" Seraphina asked as the man vanished before their eyes.

"Now we follow him." Reginald instructed.

"And how we're gonna do that? He just vanished! Didn't you see?" Sakina growled and kicked the floor in frustration, "We just let the enemy go away!"

Reginald looked at Sakina and said, "That was the plan from the start."

"To let the enemy go?" Xia yelled, "What kind of nonsense is this?" Her voice raised as Reginald looked at her with a pitiful face and it made both Sakina and Xia to get angry at him which Reginald disregarded. Again.

"I told you to split into groups as they will attack once they feel superior in power," Reginald said, "But once they feel the pressure of being cornered, they will go back to their den."

Reginald looked at his small disguised audience and said, "That's when we start to follow them."