The Fray by the Bay

Start from the beginning

Not wasting any time Yuka comes out of the gate swinging. Gamo tries to land hits on him, but he ducks quickly under each of her jabs, finally in range he prepares an atom bomb hook to her head. Getting wind on the oncoming attack, she quickly shifts her body away from the oncoming hit, the power he dumped into the attack showed as he was unable to stop himself from getting turned around and showing his back to her.

Wasting no time she aims a quick cross which he ducks under and pivots to make him face the right way again. The two now a decent distance away Yuka keeps his distance and throws feints, knowing what he'd do if she was off her guard she throws her hands up in defense each one. Stepping too far on one he is caught in her jabbing range and is hit with a quick flicker jab followed by a swift cross. 

Backing away he goes back to his original strategy of pressuring her into mistakes. Steaming forward he pressure Gamo into backpedaling onto the ropes, now back up against them she clinches, but at the cost at letting him whale on the body. After a couple seconds the ref comes and breaks them up, allowing the fight to continue. 

Yuka gets in close and throws power punch after power punch, but ultimately none of them are able to make a clean hit, as Gamo keeps on moving too fast to set up or land clean hits. In that same vein, Yuka's head movement meant that she couldn't score any clean hits either. Gamo kept on throwing her punches, but Yuka almost always slipped and counter punched, but those he couldn't land cleanly either. The two were in the center of the ring, ready for each other's next move when the bell finally rang and they both walked over to their respective corners.

---

In the judges booth three people were sat down they were the karate club president, The Judo club president, and the Art club President. Writing down their results each of them give Gamo a 10 and Yuka a 9. The results from the compubox come out and the hits tallied are displayed on a small screen in front of them.

Higurashi rnd 1: 

Thrown: 52

Hit: 12 (23.08%)

KD: 0

Match total:

Thrown: 52

Hit: 12 (23.08%)

KD: 0

Gamo rnd 1:

Thrown: 24 

Hit: 18 (75%)

KD: 0

Match total:

Thrown: 24

Hit: 18 (75%)

KD: 0

"She's dodging everything I throw at her." He says while Cono wiped off his sweat.

"You're holding back, don't be afraid, remember, slip and punch!" Cono ordered.

Truth was the dream he had earlier had sowed some seeds of doubt, but under Cono's order he looked down resolute to make good on it.