Bonus: Epilogue

1998

In September, Harry returned to Hogwarts as the youngest-ever Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher in the school's history. The jinx on the position died with Voldemort, and Harry quickly became in successive years one of the most popular teachers Hogwarts had ever had.

Hermione joined the Ministry of Magic as a member of the post-reform Wizengamot while simultaneously pursuing a Bachelor of Laws at Cambridge. Under the short tenure of Augusta Longbottom as Chief Warlock, the body had been democratized, with members being selected by election. The judiciary was made independent of the Wizengamot through the establishment of a new High Court.

Harry and Hermione moved in together, finding a modest but abundantly comfortable flat in the City of Westminster. Hermione could walk to work at the Ministry in the mornings or apparate north to Cambridge, while Harry would Floo to Hogwarts to teach. Harry did not understand how Hermione could juggle both full-time enrolment at muggle university and work as a high-level official in the new government. Then again, Hermione was capable of many seemingly impossible feats.

Neville, like Harry, returned to Hogwarts to work under Professor Sprout. He went on expeditions to exotic places, sometimes for months at a time. Occasionally, on days like Hermione's birthday, Neville would cover the Defence Against the Dark Arts class for Harry.

Daphne joined the Department of Mysteries and kept up her relationship with Neville, though she often huffed good-naturedly about her boyfriend's tendency to disappear for months at a time to anywhere from Antarctica to Iceland with little warning. She did not seem to mind in reality, though. When Neville asked her to marry him in December that year, she gladly said yes.

Susan followed in her aunt's footsteps and joined the Auror force, training to become a specialist investigator.

1999

Harry and Hermione formally married in a small ceremony with their close friends and family. Neville was Harry's best man just like in the 'old timeline'. As Harry had promised, they did it 'right' this time, with wedding rings, Josh walking Hermione up the aisle, and a little too much champagne.

Luna and Ginny graduated from Hogwarts in June. Ginny had gotten a contract with the Holyhead Harpies thanks to her excellent performance as Quidditch Captain in her final year, with Gryffindor outstripping the next highest-ranked House, Hufflepuff, by over three hundred points. Luna, meanwhile, decided to travel to study magical creatures around the world.

Teddy Lupin was born in April that year. Harry and Hermione were made godparents again, with Remus saying that if it were not for their subtle matchmaking, he and Tonks may not have gotten together in the first place.

Daphne and Neville were married in the autumn of that year. Neville reciprocated and named Harry his best man. As part of Neville's vows, he humorously promised to not disappear for more than a month at a time without telling his new wife. Once more, there was a little too much champagne.

There was no sight nor sound of Voldemort or the Death Eaters. It seemed like it was all truly over at long last.

2000

Ginny and Dean got married. Harry thought that Dean was being a far better boyfriend to Ginny in this timeline than the old one. Not only that, according to Amelia, Dean had become one of her top Aurors in a short time. Harry was beyond happy for his 'little sister'. The same could not be said for Ron, but by this point, the entire Weasley clan barely talked to him outside of the occasional letter or Christmas card.

The last Harry heard, Ron was working as a junior groundskeeper at the Chudley Cannons' home pitch. Harry had heard from Amelia and Dean that Ron had failed out of the Auror Academy after three weeks, and had been jobless for more than a year before finding his current employment. He also knew that Ron had married Lavender after accidentally getting her pregnant. Outside of the occasional piece of news, Harry did not keep up with his old ex-friend, nor did he care to.