¹⁷ ❘❘ ᵇᵉᵃᵘᵗⁱᶠᵘˡ ˢᵒᵘˡ ༉·₊˚✧

Start from the beginning

Sluggishly, you stride towards the entrance and spray the large windowpane with the water then wipe it using the chamois in a circular counter clockwise motion. Eliminating the small specks of dust that grimes its surface.

Your eyes dawdle up towards the sky, watching the dark gloomy clouds conquer and curtain the once baby blue sunny sky of the summer day. Such a coincidence that it matches your current humour.

But speaking of dark clouds, you just remember that there's an incoming storm according to the weather forecast. It's also likely that there will be a power outage later.

Wow, what a great day.

Momentarily refraining your hand from working, you flutter your eyes close for a few seconds as you heave out a heavy sigh through your mouth. As you slowly peel your eyelids open again, your sullen E/C orbs wander towards the pedestrian near the store.

Looking over that direction is probably the best decision you made today because right there, at the very middle of the large strips of white painted in the concrete road, sat the cat that you've been yearning to see for a long time.

But upon glancing from the corner of your vision, you caught the sight of a black SUV zooming from afar with an incredible speed. It renders your smile to vanish, as your eyes to broaden in fear.

Your hands loosen its grip on the spray bottle and chamois, letting it haphazardly drop on the floor as your body react out of pure impulse and bolt out of the store. Your mind were solely set on rescuing the feline.

It feels like everything seemed to slow down as you run towards the unsuspecting cat in the middle of the road with the longest strides your legs could attain, and your hands outstretched.

Successfully, you manage to capture and grab ahold of it, earning a surprised noise from the cat but it didn't squiggle to free itself. However, your feet became rooted on the paved ground due to the overbearing fear coursing through your veins. Your shaky irises stare in absolute horror at the zooming vehicle, looking like a deer caught in the headlights.

'Goddamnit Y/N! MOVE YOUR FUCKING FEET!'

The vehicle didn't show any sign of stopping as your pulse picked up even faster. A long and loud horn rang in your ears. The voice inside your head desperately screams for you to move out of the danger's way, but your body remain unresponsive and still stay frozen in fear.

Thoughts and memories rush through your head like rolling filmstrips as you brace yourself from what's about to happen to you.

'Is this really going to be my end?'

'But there's still so many things I haven't done yet...'

Your heart dropped as your breath hitched.

'My life...'

'I'm barely starting to live it.'

Your pupils dilates as you felt a sudden strong grip wrap around on your forearm, tugging you away from the incoming car, out of harm's way and the hands of death.

Brain inadequately processing how the SUV zoom past your face and how Akaashi's firm hold on your limb remained intact, he lead you to back to the sidewalk. The sound of your very own rapid heartbeat deafen your own ears, overwhelming you and constricts you from thinking straight.

"Are you alright, Y/N-san?"

Hearing his voice that was pinned with sheer panic, you slope your head up to meet his beautiful metallic blue irises that used to be so indifferent and unbothered. It's all now filled with dread due to your nearly death experience he just witnessed with his very own eyes.