If I Were You

Maggie and Peter flew around the island, Peter giving Maggie a short but sweet tour of the island. Peter led Maggie to the edge of the lagoon, Maggie watched waiting over the water as it rippled lightly with the soft glide of mermaids, as Peter played his pan flute to lure them out. Maggie had never seen such a beautiful creature.

~*Now, Mermaids are not as they are in story books. They are dark creatures, in touch with all things mysterious. If Hook had captured Maggie’s brothers, the mermaids would know*~

“How beautiful” Maggie gasped, earning a strange look from Peter “Are they not?”

“They’ll beautifully drown you if you get too close” Peter assured

Maggie looked back over the water, gulping slightly as the mermaids got closer. If nothing else, they were mesmerizing creatures, but Maggie supposed that was the whole point. 

As a few mermaids reached the edge of the lagoon, two started to talk to Peter, while one laid itself in on Maggie. Maggie stared bewitched by the sea beauty, barely noticing the soft cold touch of the mermaid's hand as she slowly moved her hand closer and closer to the water. 

Peter noticed this just in time, pulling Maggie away from the mermaid, hissing angrily at the mermaid, who hissed back before splashing away with the others. Maggie gasped, understanding what Peter had meant.

“I see your point” she nodded, still somewhat dazed

“Hook has your brothers” Peter told her, making her snap back to reality “At the Black Castle”

<><>

The two children raced through the air to the dreadful place. As soon as you caught sight of it, you wanted to move away. The air was dark and musky, but bitter and cold at the same time. Maggie and Peter landed on a crumbling tower, searching everywhere for a sign of John or Michael.

“Can you actually use that?” Peter asked, looking down at Maggie’s sword.

“Wanna find out Pan?” Maggie grinned

Peter smirked, swinging his sword instantly, Maggie’s sword clashing up against his with graceful skill. The two swords pushed against each other, their wielders standing face to face, enough for Maggie to feel Peter's hot breath against her lips.

“Promise me one thing” Peter whispered “Leave Hook to me”

“I promise” Maggie nodded.

 Peter nodded, pulling away and jumping off the tower to fly off.

“Wait here for my signal” he ordered

“What here!?” Maggie gawked in annoyance, but the boy was already gone “Peter!”

Maggie’s voice echoed around the crashing waves and crumbled castle, making Maggie’s eyes widen as she realized her mistake. 

“Bloody hell”

Sure enough a few seconds later the clanking of a metal door was heard and Maggie rushed behind a rock to hide. There was a small break in the rock where Maggie could see the notorious captain. He was as dreadful and mysterious looking as he was in her stories. Part of her was proud of herself, but the much larger part of her was scared to death, though she didn’t show it. The slightest of movements could cause the captain's alarm, Maggie knew better than to move an inch, the loud lightning lighting up the captain's awful face. 

A few moments later Hook went back inside. Maggie sighed with relief, slowly rising from her hiding place. She battled with herself as to whether or not to go after Peter, and after pacing for an entire minute Maggie rushed down the broken steps, hiding behind vines just as she reached the main area of the castle, half consumed by water at this point. She saw Peter, and she heard Hook but didn’t see him. Peter was hidden for now, but unless Maggie thought it absolutely necessary she wouldn’t intervene.