The Way He Looked At You

That night a mysterious figure entered the nursery through the open window.  He flew around the room, hovering over the four small beds. He stopped at the two holding the little women. One had wavy dirty blonde hair, and wore a plain expression on her lips, but the other. 

Well, Peter had never seen such a face, nor such a girl. She had blonde hair like her sisters, only a little shorter and much messier, and the most beautiful facial features Peter had ever seen. Despite the fact that she was sprawled out on her small bed, half her limbs hanging off it, she was undeniably intriguing. Peter hovered above her longer than he did the other sister, for he could not look away. 

The other sister began to stir, and seeing the flying boy, made her gaps awake in shock. Peter flew to the roof, hoping to not be noticed, but it was no use. Suddenly a large furry thing began to make a lot of noise. Peter attempted to fly away, so he wouldn’t wake the whole street, but the furry thing had caught his shadow. The boy struggled to fly off, only to be separated from his shadow, and to find the window had been closed, so he could not retrieve it. 

He flew back to his home, unable to get the one girl out of his head. He vowed he’d see her again. In fact he’d come back tomorrow. Besides, he did need to get his shadow back. He wondered what her name was, and what her eyes looked like. Peter bet his youth that she had beautiful eyes. He just knew it.

<><>

The next day Wendy couldn’t get the strange boy out of her head.  How he could fly around the room, and how much he seemed to be entranced by her sister. Not that Maggie believed her when she told her.

“Rubbish Wendy, he’d never” Maggie had uttered.

“Langue Maggie” Wendy scolded, making the older sister chuckle.

Wendy was so fascinated by this boy, that she began to sketch him during their sewing lessons at school.

Maggie heard the thrashing sound of their teachers' meter stick, and saw what Wendy had done. Oh no, they’re surely to send a letter home.

Wendy walked with her head down on their way home from school. Maggie had tried to comfort her, but to no avail.

“Why were you drawing him anyway?” Maggie questioned.

“I don’t know. He’s just so, magical! I can’t forget the way he looked at you” She giggled.

“Wendy that’s enough” Maggie rolled her eyes.

Wendy’s giggles turned into sighs as they continued walking.

“Father’s going to be upset when he gets that letter” She sighed.

It was then Maggie noticed the messenger boy on the way to their fathers work, which wasn’t too far away. She then had an idea.

“Not if he doesn’t read it” Maggie countered, and chased after the messenger boy.

She chased him through the streets, and right up the stairs into their fathers bank. Little did she know Nana had run after her, since John and Michael were taking her on a walk at the time. She burst through the doors after the messenger boy.

“Father! Wait!” She called out.

The floors were so polished in the bank, that it made Nana slip and crash into Maggie, who in turn crashed into the messenger boy, and then they all skidded… right into Mr. Darling and a few of his colleagues.

The three youngest Darling children reached the bank just in time to see the pile of papers their father had been holding, go flying all around the room. This was not good, not good at all.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Sorry for such a short chapter. Updates coming daily.