Chapter Six

"That keycard opens the door, but unfortunately, the Russian with keycard also has a massive gun

"That keycard opens the door, but unfortunately, the Russian with keycard also has a massive gun. Whatever's in this room, whatever's in those boxes, they really don't want anyone finding it" Dustin says.

"But there's gotta be a way in" Robin mumbled as Anna just nodded because she zoned out and didn't know what was happening.

"Well, you know. I could just take him out" Steve said.

"Take who out?" Robin asked.

"The Russian guard. What? I sneak up behind him, I knock him out, and I take his keycard. It's easy" he said.

"Did you not hear the part about the massive gun?" Dustin asked.

"Yes Dustin, I did. And that is why I would be sneaking".

"Well, please, tell me this, and be honest, have you ever actually... Won a fight?" Dustin asked.

Steve rolled his eyes "okay that was one time-".

"Twice. Jonathan. Year prior?" Dustin said.

"That doesn't count and neither does the one with Billy" Steve replied.

"Why wouldn't that one count? You passed out and I had to finish it for you. You didn't win it" she said.

Steve gave her a sarcastic smile and Robin laughed.

The three continued talking about all of Steves's failed fights as Robin stared at the vents.

"That might just work," Robin says.

"Robin are you ok?" Anna asked.

Robin grabbed her hand "can you give me a ride?" she asked. "Uh, sure?" she asked and the two ran out of the store.

Robin grabbed all the cash from the tip jar.

"Hey, Robin!" "what are you doing?" Steve asked.

"I need cash" she replied.

"Well, half of that is mine. Where are you going?" Steve asked.

"To find us a way into that room, a safe way. And in the meantime, sling ice cream, behave and don't get beat up. Well be back in a jiff" she said as they ran out of the mall.

"What just happened?" Steve asked. "I'm more concerned about how someone wanted a ride from her" Dustin said.

"She took all my cash," Steve said and then turned to Dustin who was licking the ice cream off of his scooper.

"Come on man, not my scooper," he said.

———

"It is fascinating what 20 bucks will get you at the county recorder's office. Starcourt Mall" she said as she laid the blueprints down on the table.

"The complete blueprints," she said.

"Not bad" Dustin mumbled.

"So, this is us, scoops, and this is where we want to get," she says while pointing at the paper.