weird dream · 02

luca sat upon a rock minding his own business. seaweed around him would be dancing all around him while he only watched his fish.

this was of course normal to him. an everyday routine to sit upon the rock and watch over fish. his life was safe, too safe. it was boring for a 14 year old sea monster.

nothing to do.

except there was something to do. luca glanced upward to see a shadow looming over him. a somewhat large fish floating above him. yet he knew it wasn't a fish at all.

in pure curiosity, luca ventured over to the large shadow that loomed over the fish. leaning in closer he touched the weird figure to feel its somewhat smooth surface.

how odd it almost felt like algae on a rock except that the figure sounded hollow.

"sea monster!" someone shouted above the waters. luca panicked as he felt adrenaline pump through his veins. in an attempt to flee he kicked off of the figure and lower into the ocean.

except he was too late. his left leg had been caught on a fish net that was meant to capture him. in an instant the net was pulled onto the figure seeing how it rocked side by side with his weight.

"mostri marini" exclaimed one of the land monsters beside another. luca clawed at the net that started to cut off his blood circulation. as he tried to claw away at it one of the land monsters grabbed a sharp tool from the little house on the floating object.

seeing as they got closer to him he kept trying to pull, push, and cut the rope.

and with one final scream, luca woke up.

he shot up from laying down and tried to catch his breath at the horrible dream he had. "sh sh it's okay, its just a nightmare" alberto assured the smaller sea monster.

luca rubbed his eyes tiredly and held his face for a while to calm himself. "was it the same dream?" alberto asked as he crawled over to him. luca nodded and curled himself up against the purple scaled boy. his green tail wrapping itself around his own body.

"i had the same dream too" alberto wrapped his arms around his friends shoulders giving him a tight squeeze. "maybe today we won't look for an escape, let your back heal"

"my back?" luca tilted his head to look at alberto. suddenly he felt a sharp pain on his left shoulder blade. "oww"

"sorry" alberto yanked his hand away from the spot. then they went to silence.

it wasn't awkward but more comfortable. they liked the silence at times especially after having so many stressful days trying to escape.

come to think of it there wasn't a day where they only had fun, only stress, fear, and trauma.

"where are all the fishies?" bawled what sounded like a child. luca peaked out of the hole of the rock they hid inside. he saw a little brunette girl banging against the glass they were held in.

luca held his webbed ears tightly to keep out the loud sounds. unlike luca alberto was used to this, grabbing a big red colored rock. pulling luca back he reeled back his hand. "cover your ears tight" alberto told him before throwing the rock at the glass, perfectly in front of the little girl.

said girl yelped and fell backwards suddenly bawling her eyes out even worse. however the other outcome caused a loud bang on the other side. the water vibrations sent alberto back a bit and made luca recoil more.

luca scratched at his shoulder. more scales chipped off from the same spot seeing his rough lighter green skin. stress.

alberto pulled his stressed out buddy up to him to continue hugging. he felt more embarrassed about making luca feel bad than humiliating a little girl. he rocked himself side by side to somewhat comfort luca. little by little luca had calmed down from the loud noises echoing around the tank.