07. treasure hunt

Start from the beginning

"Fallon, I will hurt her pretty face"

"hurt her and I hurt you" Fallon told the girl taking a protective step in front of Andrea "this is the most fun I have ever had this summer" Andrea gushed looking around "Andrea if you don't want me to hurt you, I suggest you shut your mouth──respectfully" Alice told the girl, snatching the flashlight out of her hands.

"I may be from Sunnyvale but I can throw a punch"

"I am just so very scared" Alice told the girl putting on a frightened act making both Fallon and Arne laugh at the girls act. "Fallon!" Cindy's voice rang out again, now with Alice with the flashlight Fallon did not have a lot of light other than the subtle moonlight that shone down through the tree's.

"Andrea do you have another-aah!" feeling the floor beneath her suddenly disappear Fallon let out a scream as she fell into some sort of dirt filled pit, Cindy who was not to far away heard the Salvatore girls scream "Fallon!?" she yelled out in concern starting to run towards the noise "Fallon?!" she screamed out again when she heard no response.

When Fallon finally pulled herself up she was met with the curious eyes of the 'golden' couple as their concerned eyes fell on the girl, coughing into her arm from winding herself she finally looked up to Cindy "there's a pit" she told the girl who just looked at her with a plain expression "yeah no shit" Alice spoke up holding the book.

Wiping the dirt off of her knee's Fallon sighed looking into the pit that she fell in, not noticing the body that had stood beside her "are you okay?" the question took Fallon of guard but she was more shocked to see Cindy Berman on the giving end of the question "jeez Berman you scared me" Fallon smiled looking at the concerned girl "I'm fine──just really regretting not bringing my own flashlight" the girl sighed looking around for any sort of light, looking around in her pockets Cindy smiled pulling out the second flashlight she brang just in case she broke her other one "here have this one" she offered holding it out to the girl "really?" Fallon asked looking at the girl with creased eyebrows, Cindy nodded with pride "but what if your first one breaks?"  Fallon asked pointing to the first flashlight that Cindy had brought with her.

"then I guess will have to share it"

Smiling to herself, Fallon accepted the flashlight from Cindy's hands.

Cindy was even shocked at her own actions but she was more shocked that the Salvatore girl knew she brought the second one as back up, the action created a warm feeling in Cindy's chest once again scaring the girl.

It reminded her of that one night in tenth grade when they were sixteen──almost two years ago.

The same night she tried to forget but failed.

Feeling a gaze on her Fallon turned around making subtle eye contact with the girl, it was different──it was almost lustful?

But Cindy doesn't think of Fallon like that──did she?

"Is someone digging a grave?" Tommy asked bringing the two girls out of their stares. "Graves" Alice corrected the boy shining her torch onto the multiple pits that had been digged out.

"Mary" Tommy realized a fearful expression rang out on her face "what did she say to you anyway?" Andrea asked the boy, curiosity taking over the girl "not something you ever want to be told" Fallon told the girl saving Tommy from explaining it all over again.

It had taken a toll on the boy, that's for sure.

But he was Tommy Slater a boy who always had everyone's intentions at heart and would put his life before anyone at this camp even the Goode's and damn some of them could be a real pain in the ass.

"Hey where's the uh" Tommy trailed off searching for the leather faced book "the X's look" Tommy told them looking up in the area and seeing that the holes that had been dug matched up with the X's on the paper. "Holy shit!" Fallon sighed almost falling into another hole.

"Language Fallon!" Cindy scolded the girl who wiped the dust off her shoe.

"Only Cindy Berman"

"Hey idiot's we figured it out──Mary was looking for the hand!" Alice called out to the two girls who were still admiring the hole, sighing Cindy turned around to the two "guy's c'mon, this is silly" Cindy told them "well if I was her I personally would want to prove my daughter was innocent" Fallon shrugged.

"You do anything for your children" Andrea told them like it was nothing, "yeah well hate to break it to you Sunnyvale but shit doesn't work like that here" Alice told the blonde before shoving the book in her chest "this doesn't effect you so why don't you go scurry along to your perfect life back at your perfect home okay where mummy and daddy are waiting for you" she scoffed turning around, facing away from the girl "I don't live with my parents" Andrea said from behind Alice watching as the girl turned around at the statement in confusion, "they lived in Sunnyvale──my mum got pregnant with me when she was young so her parents kicked her out and they went to go live in Shadyside" she admitted, shrugging like it wasn't a big deal "then they were killed in one of the massacres"
"Ruby" Alice said coming to the conclusion "yeah so I went to go live with my grandparent's back in Sunnyvale so don't make assumptions" Andrea rolled her eyes before walking off somewhere in the distance "what's the big thing about Shadyside and Sunnyvale anyway?" she asked her question getting lost in the air as everyone stared at her in fright, sorrow maybe even shock.

"Alice" Cindy gasped an annoyed look dripping down her looks "did you know that?" Tommy asked Fallon who was still watching the girl in shock "no" she answered looking back at the boy who didn't look any better.

"I don't think Cooper does either"

Arne telling everyone he had to piss broke everyone out of their little dazes and back onto the book "give me the book" Alice told Cindy "ask nicely" Fallon called out to the pixie cut girl with a slight smirk on her face,

"fine──give me the book pretty fuckin please"

"that's better".

"You can have the book, but first give me the drugs" Cindy demanded holding the book high in the air "If nurse Lane hade those drugs and made her crazy that means they're very dangerous" Cindy told the girl as Fallon rolled her eyes "Cindy what made her go crazy was her drive to prove her child's innocence" she called out even though both of the girls ignored her.

Well except Andrea.

"I don't blame her you know" she spoke up picking at her finger nails "who, Ruby?" Fallon asked looking at the girl in confusion.

"I believe that Ruby Lane wasn't crazy and that she was possessed" she confessed leaning her body on the tree "A, that's not scientifically pos-" "how do you explain the crime rates in Shadyside and Sunnyvale──they are right next to each other F" she told the girl who had also started leaning on the tree.
Usually Andrea leaned back and played dumb──especially in front of Cooper, almost like his play doll.
She let him toss and turn her around and construct her into something she's not──he was turning her into a perfect Salvatore wife.

Just like Fallon's mum, and her grandmother and the wife after that.

Silence covered over the two girls, moonlight shinning on their faces as both of their flashlights shone to the floor.

Andrea took a breath in walking away from the girl who seemed lost in thought as she made her way over to the other girls. "Oh my god, what happened to you?──remember when we used to have fun?, remember that night in tenth grade at Georgia Simmons birthday party and-" "shut up!" Cindy almost shouted covering the mouth of the pixie cut girl "just let it go already" Cindy told the girl "oh that's easy for you to say, you broke her fucking heart you lying fuck-"

"I found it!"