Chapter 18

Start from the beginning

"It's not awkward, weird, or anything." John B answered sarcastically.

JJ snorts. "Honestly, I did not think you were gonna actually listen to me."

"What?" asked John B turning to JJ.

"I was 100 percent sure she was into you. Pope would agree, Hope too."

"Ehh..." mumbled Pope, he didn't agree at all with JJ.

"So, like, Kie, she, like, definitely gave you the Heisman?" JJ insisted.

"Oh, no question. Yup" John B replied.

JJ nodded. "Gotcha," he said chuckling.

"Maybe she's just into somebody else," Pope suggested, making JJ and John B turn to the boy giving him an odd look.

"Maybe she's into girls," said Hope, making the boy's eyes widen.

"Go! Go, go, go, go."  then JJ said, realizing it was their cue to go do their part of the plan now that Kiara was distracting Bobby, the guard.

The group of friends followed JJ running until they reached their destination, which was a building. JJ tried to unlock the lock but it didn't work. 

"Do you have the right numbers?" Pope asked.

"All right, so I might have the wrong numbers," JJ said apologetically as he scraped his neck.  

"Ah, damn it, JJ!" Pope complained.

"Seriously JJ?" Hope asked. She went towards the door and grabbed the padlock, breaking it with her bare hands "I have to do everything myself" Hope muttered. Suddenly a dog came towards them barking loudly.

"That's a cougar. Never mind," said John B as he ran as fastly from there, without seconds thoughts about his friends.

"Hi! No, stay there! Good boy" said JJ trying to appease the dog. No, you're okay! Pope, run!"

"Back off! Back off! Back off!" Pope repeated as he tried to get the dog away from him using a branch.

"Sh, sh" Hope tried to calm down the dog. She showed him her werewolf eyes, scaring the dog, making him shrink in fear. "Hey, I'm not going to hurt you"

Hope had calmed down the dog however, JJ didn't see that and was showing a red cloth to the barking dog. "I got a toy, boy!" this made the dog bark again, now running towards JJ aggressively. "Wait, no. I was just kidding. Shit! Okay, sit!"

"JJ!" Hope yelled as she ran after the blonde boy who was now chased by the dog. JJ grabbed her hand as they both ran say from the animal. JJ jumped on one of the boats there and Hope followed him.

"This was a bad idea," mumbled JJ as they were hiding. "A very bad one"

"No kidding," Hope mumbled.

"What's that, huh? What's that, Tebow?" Hope and JJ could hear a man say to the dog that chased them. "What you got, huh? What you got?" The dog kept growling in their way "Whoever's up there better come on out! I mean it. Don't make me go up there and get your ass!"