Chapter 16

BROKEN DREAMS CLUB
☽ ✮ ☾

THE POGUES WERE DISAPPOINTED WHEN THEY SAW HOPE COMING BACK WITH AN ENVELOPE INSTEAD OF GOLD

THE POGUES WERE DISAPPOINTED WHEN THEY SAW HOPE COMING BACK WITH AN ENVELOPE INSTEAD OF GOLD. Hope herself was slightly disappointed, as got herself all dirty for apparently nothing.

"That's not gold." Pope declared dissatisfied as JJ helped Hope climb out of the tomb.

Hope shrugged her shoulders. "Maybe it's a clue to where the gold is."

"Holy shit." John B mumbled. "This is from my dad." 

Hope and John B shared a happy smile, they both knew what it was like to lose your father, and how it felt when you had something that belonged to them. Suddenly Hope smelled weed, she turned around to see JJ lighting a blunt. "Seriously JJ?" She asked. "Do you really think now is a good time for that?"

"It's always a good time to get high, princess" He informed her with a smile. JJ turned around and saw lights coming towards them. "Code red. Code red. Square groupers! Square groupers!" he notified the Pogues.

"Go, go!" Kiara ordered murmuring, as they all hid behind the tombstone.

JJ peaked towards the men that were coming at them. "It's the guys that robbed your house," JJ told them.

"Not them again," mumbled Hope annoyed. She didn't want to get shot again, last time hurt enough. And she had already ruined a tee-shirt, she didn't want to ruin another one.

"Light!" Kiara ordered her friends frantically. The group of pogues all attempted to turn their lights out. John B couldn't turn off his lamp so he had to hide it under his tee-shirt, not that it changed much.

"Turn your light off, man!" Pope yelled.  

"Do you think it's them?" Kiara asked starting to get frightened.

"Homie's got a gun," JJ announced. 

"Screw this," Kiara uttered as she got up and started running towards the gate. Hope followed her, and the boys ran behind them.

"Hurry up" yelled JJ.

They all jumped the fence, well that's what Hope thought until she heard Pope panicked, yelling "Guys, I'm stuck!"

"Shit" mumbled Kiara, as they all turned to see Pope stuck on the gate.

"Pope, come on man!" JJ yelled at him.