chapter 17: jealousy, jealousy

request by Lizzy_Luna75 again!
songfic: jealousy, jealousy by olivia rodrigo
bold font means its the lyrics or its an
a/n
more of a one shot
enjoy!
——————

i kinda wanna put my phone across the room cause all i see is girls too good to be true-

Sylvie was sitting on the couch, clenching her wine glass. Tony decided to throw a party. For no apparent reason.

-with paper white teeth and perfect bodies wish i didnt care.

She glanced over to the bar, looking at Loki flirt with another woman.
"i know that beauty's not my lack" Sylvie thought to herself as she was wondering if the other woman was prettier than her.

But it feels like that weight is off my back

Sylvie tried to stop looking. To not be bothered. Is this jealousy? She shook that thought as she tried to let the jealousy feeling go. "Great." She said sarcastically. "And now i can't let it go." She thought

Com-comparison, its killing me slowly

She couldn't help but compare herself with the woman Loki was flirting with. Its as if Loki was just ignoring her feeling towards Sylvie. She absolutely hated putting herself down but she couldn't help it.

I think i think too much. About kids who don't know me.

"Im so sick of myself." Sylvie thought as she clenched her wine glass so tight, she broke it. All the avengers' eyes were on her now. Why couldn't she be more like the woman?

"Rather be, rather be. Anyone. Anyone else" She said softly as the avengers turned to where she was looking, then looked at her sadly. They knew how she was feeling. They all watched as Loki made that bitch giggle.

"But, jealousy." Natasha stated as Wanda added.
"Yeah. Jealousy."

Started following me.

Sylvie sighed as jealousy creeped up on her. She got up from her seat to go get more alcohol but she could still feel the disgusting feeling of jealousy. It was like it was following her.

Started following me.

And i see everyone getting all the things i want.

Sylvie looked around as she saw all the couples standing together, having a good time, as she glared at Loki and the woman, happily chatting. Oh how she wanted to do that with someone. Someone she knew.

And im happy for them, but then again, im not.

Sylvie wanted to feel happy for them, she really did, but she didn't like that everyone had what she wanted and she was the only person who didn't have what she desired.

Just cool vintage clothes and vacation photos

"I cant stand it. Oh god, i sound crazy." Sylvie thought as she looked back at Loki and that bitch. She already hated her.

"i know their win is not my loss" Sylvie said as she saw Wanda looking at her, slightly worried for Sylvie.

"But i hate it." Sylvie said as Wanda nodded and consoled her silently.

i know its true

But i can't help getting caught up in it all

Com-comparison is killing me slowly. I think i think too much about kids who dont know me.

Sylvie downed her glass of wine as the avengers looked at her, concerned.

im so sick of myself. Rather be, rather be

anyone, anyone else

"Jealousy, jealousy." Sylvie thought as she glared at the wall. She couldn't think straight. Jealousy was blinding her.

"Wanda, we are never going to be able to help her of we don't know what she's jealous of. Read her mind." Tony said as Wanda looked into her mind.

SYLVIE'S MIND
(directed to the woman)

I bet all her friends are so cool. I bet she goes out every night!
IN HER DADDY'S NICE CAR  I BET SHES LIVING THE LIFE.
GOT A PRETTY FACE
PRETTY BOYFRIEND TOO
I WANNA BE YOU SO BAD. AND I DONT EVEN KNOW YOU

OUT OF HER MIND

Wanda never expected such rage. She needed more information though, or just some gossip to keep her entertained. Gosh, Tony's parties are so boring.

SYLVIE'S MIND

ALL I SEE IS WHAT I SHOULD BE
HAPPIER, PRETTIER
GOD! ITS JUST JEALOUSY, JEALOUSY!
ALL I SEE AGAIN IS WHAT I SOULD BE
IM LOSING IT
AHH
ALL I GOT IS
JEALOUSY, YEAH, JEALOUSY.

OUT OF SYLVIE'S MIND

Wanda gasped as she exited Sylvie's mind. She really was upset. Sylvie smashed her wine glass to the ground as she screamed and grunted.
"ARGH! UGH AHHHH!"

Com-comparison is killing me slowly
I think i think too much about kids who don't know me

All eyes were on her as she stormed out of the living room, livid as hell. She went into her room and slammed the door.

"And im so sick of myself. Rather be- rather be." She stuttered as she was crying. Tears flowed down her face like a waterfall as she leaned against the door and slowly fell to the ground.

"Anyone...anyone else. Jealousy-jealousy." Sylvie cried as she angrily stood up.

"OH IM SO SICK OF MYSELF AGHH. I HATE JEALOUSY! JEALOUSY IS SO ANNOYING." She screamed as she flopped on her bed and started bawling.

"I'd rather be...rather be...Anyone. Anyone else. But jealousy. Jealousy keeps following me" She whispered to herself as she wallowed in self pity. She was too upset too even notice that Loki had followed her.

——————
part 2 coming soon

lmk what you all thought about this chapter!
sorry if there was no instagram or social media in this book. I felt like an angst oneshot would be better
Hope you enjoyed, Lizzy_Luna75!