Chapter 64. Bringing Harry Home ☾

Start from the beginning

Harry shook his head. "Padfoot, just be careful. I don't want my two godfathers constantly fighting all the time."

"So, interesting thing happened the other day." Sirius started. He looked around the alley they were in. "But I'll tell you on the walk to Potter Manor. Due to the Fidelius Charm, we have to walk there to find it the first time."

Harry nodded. Sirius apparated both of them to a field covered in flowers. The flowers were of varying colors and types. They flowed through the prairie-like moor. Harry smiled.

"I live somewhere near here?" He asked Sirius. The animagus nodded.

"Anyway, interesting story, actually. Dumbledore flooed me a couple days ago at Grimmauld. I just so happened to be packing up the rest of my things and searching for the stupid Horcrux you told me about. Seems Dung already filched it. Beside the point. Dumbledore flooed and asked me to be the DADA professor for this upcoming year."

Harry's jaw dropped. "Padfoot, you didn't say yes, did you? You know that position is cursed. Dumbledore is trying to get rid of you!"

Sirius smiled. "That would be the case, if Spots had not looked further into the curse." Sirius looked around as if trying to catch someone spying on them. "If one of them is in possession of a horcrux, the position accepts them as Tom Riddle. It will let me continue on in the position so long as I have a horcrux."

Harry blanched. "Sirius, horcruxes change your personality. If you were in possession of one, it would take over you."

"Well, I'm in possession of you, and you haven't taken me over yet," Sirius teased.

"Wait, what?" Harry asked, a slight scowl forming. Sirius smiled.

"Because I am your godfather, I am in-for lack of a better term-possession of you. Since you are a horcrux, I am technically in possession of a Horcrux. Spots and I theorize that so long as you remain a Horcrux when I sign for my second-year of teaching, I will remain untouched by the curse."

"That's brilliant!" Harry whooped. His smile fell. "But, what about Severus and Slughorn? Why wouldn't Dumbledore want Slughorn at Hogwarts? He's needed, isn't he?"

Sirius laughed. He slung an arm around Harry's shoulders and squeezed. "Oh, Spots circumvented that. He adamantly refused to take the position, claiming it a suicide mission. He, however, did argue for a second potions master. You know how hard scheduling is for Minnie when potions requires a double period and Sev only has so much time in a week? Plus, each grade has two classes, and right now, he has to have all his NEWT students in one class. It just doesn't fit."

"Even more brilliant. That means maybe we won't have such a dour potions master."

"It certainly is. Maybe Spots can finally have a social life. Now, listen closely. Potter Manor is at 11 Rose Lane," Sirius said.

Harry watched as a humungous mansion came into view. His jaw dropped as he noted the pond, the Quidditch field, and the swimming pool in the back of the house. "Welcome to Potter Manor, Harry, your ancestral home."

"Amazing," Harry said softly. Before he could even move, he saw a shock of blond hair rushing toward him.

"Hey, mate! How have you been? Enjoy your stint at the Dursleys?" Draco asked him as they greeted each other. They "manly" hugged for a few seconds before Harry stepped back and took in the sight of his god-brother.