Chapter 9

When you looked in the mirror the clothes were kinda big but nothing that looked silly. Thank god he had these, otherwise you might of just been able to put your feet in. You grabbed your folded clothes and left the bathroom, the boys were there and in their trunks, shirts and any jewelry that might tarnish, taken off. Looking at David you had those butterflies again. He looked strong, not in the washboard abs kinda way, he had almost a dad bod but you could tell there was still plenty of muscle, it suited him. A person's body hair was their own business, that being said you weren't one who was crazy over chest hair like you knew some people were. But even the chest hair on him seemed to suit him, the more little bits you learned about him the more he just seemed to be what you liked. He must of felt you looking cause he looked directly over at you making you look away, praying your cheeks weren't betraying you. Not wanting to look at him again for fear of seeing that smirk. Instead you went over and sat your folded clothes on a pool chair, then headed over to everyone who was already getting in, you were last in and while the others just walked right in you made a slower descent, going from cold into hot water made it more severe and you didn't understand how they just walked in a sat.

To no one's surprise the free space was next to David, you sat down, and sighed as the water stopped being aggressive and more relaxing. You melted a bit leaning back and resting your head on the floor behind you "good idea Marko, this feels great", you said, didn't really need to look to know that sweet boy was smiling. There was a some time of comfortable silence before Paul started talking "so y/n, having fun so far? We know it's probably weird for a bunch of guys to be wanting to hang out so suddenly" you lifted your head, looking at him with a small smile "ya know, I am having fun. And you're right, this is a bit odd, especially for me but I don't know, something about you guys just seem genuine. I guess that sounds ridiculous considering how long I've known you but yea I really don't know, something in me just feels more comfortable around you guys compared to most people I've known for months"

This seemed to mean quite a bit to th and they all gave you genuine, warm smiles. You looked over at David who had the most to say with his smile, these boys really just were a surprise. With the looks other people gave them you would think they were a bunch of rude, creepy punks, I mean sure they could get rowdy but beyond that, how could anyone truly be annoyed with these sweetie's.

A conversation between you, David and Paul started. Dwayne and Marko listened for awhile before they decided to entertain themselves and get out of the hot tub to switch to the pool. David was telling a story about the first time they went to the railroad, how Marko had been so scared he would fall that they all sat on the start of the train tracks for two hours before he felt safe enough to go on. Marko must of heard because while you and Paul where watching David he got a big splash of pool water in his face. Both of y'all's faces got a look of surprise before laughing.

Both looking over at Marko who was laughing, Dwayne was too but he obviously knew what would happen so he swam away from Marko. When there was water moving next to you, you decided to look back at David, who was now standing, he had a smirk while staring at Marko. "Oh no, oh no no no" Marko said through laughter and you heard him start to try and swim away. David stepped out of the hot tub and began walking to the side Marko was near, Dwayne and Paul where howling, cheering David on as he leapt in the pool, taking down Marko.

When they both popped out of the water they both had big smiles as they started play wrestling. Laughter echoing through the pool room, Paul hopped out a minute later, diving in the pool and under Marko so he could put him on his shoulders. Marko now towered over David and they started walking towards him. "Uh oh, y/n I think you might need to save me" David said looking over a you with a open mouth smiled. You giggled and now left the hot tub yourself, you walked over to the side and decided to tease him "hmmm, I dunno if you deserve it, you're not exactly innocent" he looked at you, faking offense. Then you felt a pair of hands, gently but strongly push you in the pull, squealing as you fell, and going completely under the water. When you came up you looked and saw Dwayne on the side of the pool, pretending to not notice had happened, as if he didn't just push you in. Immediately you started splashing him and he started laughing, dodging the water. But another squeal left your mouth as you felt something under you and start to lift you up. You looked down and saw David had you on his shoulders now, you were completely out of the water on his shoulders. Man he must be strong, you thought to yourself.

"You ready?" He asked and you noticed you both were heading to Paul and Marko. Marko put his hands up and you did too as you both started play wrestling each other. He was strong himself, surprisingly strong honestly but you still managed to get the right leverage and push him over and off Paul's shoulders. David and you cheered triumphantly. As he did a lap around the pool with you still on his shoulders. You guys got back to Marko who was still rubbing the chlorine water off his eyes, same goofy smile there. You thought david was gonna let you down but then when he started up the steps out of the pool you gasped.

It was one thing to carry someone in the pool, but the moment you both are out of the water, that's a entirely different story. Looking down at him shocked, you expected you see strain on his face but instead he looked normal, like you were some little kid on his shoulders and not the grown adult you actually are. He went back over to the deep end and you knew exactly what he was doing "no no, David, no this is really high up for me" he simply laughed and jumped in. Of course once you were in the water you were off his shoulders. When you guys came back up you realized how close you where to him, he seemed to notice too because he put his arm around your waist pulling you closer and leading you guys to where you two could reach the bottom. You could feel the boys watching you, grinning.

This man was too smooth for his own good.